• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2017.1 update broke responsiveness

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today’s update brought the long awaited responsive slideshows but also completely messed up my latest project. When decreasing the browser window width the images now seem to be glued to their vertical position and so the text flows over or behind them. Until last night everything was working well – can someone please fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

@Adrian, I found that if you change the "Transition" setting on your slideshow from Horizontal to Fade, then home page is also working without any grey patches. The only drawback is the fact that transition is now Fade effect, instead of being horizontal.

1. Open the home page and select the slideshow.

2. Click on the play button to see the On-objects UI for this widget.

3. Notice that Transition setting is set to "Horizontal" effect.

4. Click on the drop down and change this setting to "Fade".

5. Ex

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I think Adobe is aware. Hope for a quick fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share little more details on what is happening when you say Images seemed to be glued to vertical positions?

Ideally when you open your existing files in  latest update, it should not change any of your settings.

If you can share the file along with screenshots or details, we can then take a look quickly on our end to see what is going wrong.

Thanks,

Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you decrease the browser’s window width the textboxes increase in height, pushing the images further down the page – that’s how it should be.

After the update the images don’t “respond” anymore to the height change, the textboxes expand over/under the images.

The object settings in the Muse file (responsive width, etc.) have not been changed by the update, just the resulting behaviour of the objects.

I can reproduce this phenomenon with all of my Muse files.

Muse-bug-1.jpg

Muse-bug-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it an inline image inside text element that you are showing in screenshot?

Is it possible for you to share the .muse file to me privately?

Thanks,

Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it’s all separate objects. Anyway it worked well yesterday …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload your files to a file sharing app such as Dropbox and share the URL of the file over a private message with Arun. To send a private message, click the profile picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO it should not change anything if old site is opened in new muse update. Can you please share the more details as Arun already mentioned ? so thar we will get more idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a simple standard Practice that fails. Look at the first blue box position.

1. Screenshot in Muse

2. Screenshot in Browser

Download this Muse file here:

Dropbox - Pushissuesample2_1.zip

pushsample.png

pushsampleresult.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple workaround for this issue, a super long horizontal bar.Screenshot_1.jpg

Pushissuesample2_1_1.muse - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues for me. My entire site is messed up when in anything but full width. I should have known better than to trust an adobe update from the go, should have done research on it first. https://www.impactinktattoostudio.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is good practice to not overwrite current projects before using the latest update, though.

Better save it as a new file and test it before.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all with troubles I could only repeat :

fotoroeder  schrieb

It is good practice to not overwrite current projects before using the latest update, though.

Better save it as a new file and test it before.

Best Regards,

Uwe

For those who know, use your knowledge.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All

After some more research our team has tried to make a fix via a .mulib file for "objects shifting vertically" in the latest update.

Steps to install :

-    Download the .mulib file from the shared link - https://adobe.ly/2vjkLuZ

-    Double click the .mulib file ( This would add the .mulib in library)

-    Open Master or Child(wherever the issue is seen)

-    Insert the Vertical shift .mullib in page(anywhere)

-    Preview the page where vertical shift was a problem

Please validate if it resolved the issue so we can document it.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to works. Tested on 2 completely different themes with pin and resize rules issues. I will update an other posts on Forum i have created.

Good job ... Even if it will be difficult to diffuse.
Do you plan an update that include it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, This is just a temporary fix, a permanent fix will be included once we accumulate any other bugs in some time.

Cheers,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jérôme Obbiet for confirming that adding the fix via mulib is working for your files!

While we work on including this fix in build, we will really appreciate if others can also try it on their files and confirm? We know its a pain and hence wanted to provide a quick fix for you all to get unblocked from using this latest update of Muse.

-Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing very strange issues since the last update.

It destroyed my whole project.

Suddenly many third party widgets (for ex. Table Pro or Video Player Pro from qooqee.com) do not work properly.

Also I have trouble with some widgets that I use with different breakpoints.

(No problems at all when I use a single breakpoint and 100% width.)

I am also facing a deadline which I will not be able to reach.

Do you already know, when exactly the next update is being released with the quick-fixes?

-Schurik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious about this too. I'm a little nervous about updating until you guys fix whatever is going on. Thank you to Jérôme Obbiet for being a major help this morning in figuring out what's going on in my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also concerned if this update is going to conflict with QooQee widgets, as my site is built around the Fluid Pro widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For sharing the muse file you can upload it to Dropbox or WeTransfer and send it across to me in a private message.

A private message can be done by clicking on my username and choosing "'message" option.

Check this for detailed steps - Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to download the temp fix from the link above. I am having the same issue all page headers have been pushed up and are underneath the menu bar. Salon Leasing Solutions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try again. The Adobe server are having hiccup since yesterday. Actually it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try what again? I am not able to access the download link - do you have another? and my site is still having same issues even in preview mode

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

I have the same problem and I've posted my .muse file in this thread: Latest update has broken reflow of page elements

I've applied the .mulib fix you posted, but it has not made any difference and the problem persists.

I hope my file is helpful to you in diagnosing the problem, and that you're able to fix it quickly. My site is currently broken!

Thanks,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines