Highlighted

2017.1 update link problem

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lately updated my muse to 2017.1 and so it also converted my page. Since then I have problems that links and also just rollover is not working anymore in smaller breakpoints. None of them except the composition.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by fotoroeder | Adobe Community Professional

There are some bugs.

I recommend to go back to the previous version of muse.

This requires a backup of your muse in the previous version.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

2017.1 update link problem

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lately updated my muse to 2017.1 and so it also converted my page. Since then I have problems that links and also just rollover is not working anymore in smaller breakpoints. None of them except the composition.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by fotoroeder | Adobe Community Professional

There are some bugs.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some bugs.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely correct Uwe. It's true ... after the update the link behaviour is really sluggish in web browsers (mobile and desktop). Some times they work, some times they don't. If you scroll down the page a little bit and resize the window, this seems to have influence on the links. Seems like it's a script library thing.

Also, if Adobe Muse crashes or does no longer respond during an FTP upload, and if you restart the application, it uploads the entire site again including all assets and files.

PS: 2017.1 update was issued by Adobe as "stability and performance improvements".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2017 0
Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must admit that I so far had very little issues, but see here in this forum that numerous issues persist from update to update from other people around the world.

I agree, that this "stability and performance" stuff makes me shivering sometimes.

But as said before, luckily very little issues on my side.

Maybe because, mostly I sticked with fixed width breakpoints instead of fluid width breakpoints?

Hopefully you can keep on – if you are willing we could try to look for one example page of yours and see, if we can solve some 2018 issues.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... but see here in this forum that numerous issues persist from update to update from other people around the world.

Users like it this way and Adobe should charge more each month.

I leave it as it is on my site, it's for presentation purposes ... it's banana but that's how it is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2017 0
Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not very helpful for debugging reasons …

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh this could be my father.

Is it my fault? No, definitely not. I am only the guy who spent 3 entire days to figure out the problem which I did yesterday by installing two versions of Adobe Muse and see what happens.

Are developers aware? Web Designers have to see by themselves where the problem lies. We have to check systems, security updates, browser updates, application updates etc etc to figure it out.

Are we designers? Or have we all become IT update checkers and sys admins in rapid prototyping with updates every 4-6 weeks intervals.

" The world's BEST creative software. " This is what I read when I uninstall and install Adobe Muse versions. (I am already very fed up with software activation servers since CS2 and GoLive 8->9 update html/css trouble and now the software is gone and all my sites are "trashed history".)

Now, we have a new web design editor and we start all over again.

Too bad that I made all the updates on the site in the newest version, because Adobe Muse offers no chance to save the project in previous version. This is really a killer feature.

It's definitely an EXPORT problem because most of the links after exporting the site out of 2017.1 version no longer work because of a javascript framework issue. It's not only the link, I also noticed that I have several problems selecting text on the page.

I checked it in different browsers.

You could reverse engineer the problem by comparing two different exported sites.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2017 0
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We / I can only offer, to show us a .muse, share it and we try to go through it step by step.

If you share a .muse, please only one page with only one or two issues you have and we watch, if we find a solution,

what we mostly are able to find. If links do not work, mostly something covers buttons, for example.

You could also follow these: Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

The CC-interface has changed a little bit, it seems to be a little more tricky to share a link, but we still have dropbox, right?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get the point. I could send you two PDF files which I have exported out of one application with two different version numbers. In one PDF document the links do not work and the colours are wrong. The other PDF looks fine.

Ok, we are not speaking of a PDF document but html/css/javascript files which will be exported out of one application.

What has this to do with my layout?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2017 0
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "PDF" comes up now, so I didn`t had in mind that links from pdf do not work.

I interpreted your origin question/issue that some links in your website do not work.

And in most cases this comes up, if something covers certain buttons/links.

Your issue with pdf, I guess, do not have anything to do with muse? It has more to do with Acrobat DC, I guess.

Could you get more detailed about your issue?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you didn't get my point of view. I am really tired of making endless discussions.

Whatever ... reverse engineering.

Adobe Muse 2017.0 - EXPORT

(links work, stable)

Adobe Muse 2017.1 - EXPORT

(links sluggish, unstable)

FTP upload is really really very very slow compared to an FTP client. It took 5 minutes to upload a single 441kb file in Muse.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again no .muse file. No help possible.

But if you are so „tired of making endless discussions“, I for my very personal part, am tired of trying to assist in this thread. Sorry and bye …

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if you are so „tired of making endless discussions“, I for my very personal part, am tired of trying to assist in this thread. Sorry and bye …

The thing is:

A) Somebody else has the same issue since developers have invented the responsive slideshow WIDGET which seems to be the CAUSE for links no longer working properly.

B) The site project will be "converted" and there is no way back once the file has been "converted".

C) It's not even working after transition from 2017.0 to 2017.1 even though I don't have any breakpoints

Again no .muse file. No help possible.

Äh, do I get paid by Adobe every month to test your stuff? No!

D) I have made the same bug test by converting a site from 2017.0 to 2018.1

Same issue

So, I will send you the .muse file and you will do your job.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is your file ... your extended Muse Support Job till 2021.

You can download the file here.

Hopefully it won't take several months or years to fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you basically misunderstand this forum: I am no Adobe employee! It is not my job to help you. And I won‘t, unless you choose a different tone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve Jobs was Steve Jobs ... he would fire you immediately.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2018 0
Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No reason to be rude to us. Really. We are not responsible for your living situation.

I get this:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-18 um 07.58.47.png

What should we look at? What does not work? Is it the 404 error?

We/I do not want endless discussions as well, BTW.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Yorh+Ekin  schrieb

Steve Jobs was Steve Jobs ... he would fire you immediately.

York, don’t you get it? I am non Adobe employee, so Adobe can’t „fire“ me. I – like most other members here – are pure Muse users (just as you are), who try to help other users.

But tell me: Why should I assist persons, who are confronting me with such an aggressive tone?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A) I don't have passion for endless nonsense discussions

B) Developers are not gods

C) Developers should sometimes get 10 levels down to get their own feet back to the ground

D) I was offering you MY HELP so that Adobe developers can LEARN something and IMPROVE their own capabilities

DEVELOPER ARE NOT GODS and their users are not their subjects.

If you still believe your are the GOD as a developer in TEAMWORK.

Then STICK to your high level, but I am not the one who will offer you any help so that YOU CAN LEARN

something in TEAMWORK.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2018 0
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over and out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A) Me too, I am a non Adobe & Apple employee

B) I test their stuff daily

I don't get paid or support in software or testing hardware to fix their stuff.

I am just the iDiot to work with their stuff and find out what's wrong.  I don't get any support.

C) Fotoreder gave you the answer, go back to the previous version (but don't blame me if I'm not willing to update to 2018 either)

D) There is another candidate you can ask for a Muse file

I'm just the iDiot who posts what's wrong and it will be deleted on Apple Support forums.

Over and out.

PS: That was Steve Jobs, he never released something before testing it by himself a thousand times.

People still don't get it, that's what he died for. Work harder and better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2018 0