Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A question about different layouts.

New Here ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Musers,

I'm new to web design and Muse, I have a very simple question I'd like to ask!

Let's assume that I create a website with different layouts (one for desktop, one for tablet and one for mobile) with these layouts have same width but different design. Will Muse recognize the device and project the website with the appropriate layout? Will the mobile layout override the desktop layout for a phone? Will the desktop layout override a phone layout for a laptop?

Regards,

Alexa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

thirdcreative  wrote

Let's assume that I create a website with different layouts (one for desktop, one for tablet and one for mobile) with [will?] these layouts have same width but different design.

they can do or have different width... in most senarios they should have different widths but its not enforced

thirdcreative  wrote

Will Muse recognize the device and project the website with the appropriate layout?

Muse only labels a layout for different devices... its up to your website host to recogn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might not be what you want to hear but there's no advantage in making multiple sites for different devices.   Ideally, you want one site that performs well in any device --  be it mobile, tablet, laptop, desktop or TV screens.

I'm not alone in thinking that Muse is the totally wrong tool for modern web designers.  That's one reason Adobe is ending Muse development.

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Best advice I can offer is to look at Bootstrap's responsive grid system and use a code editor like Dreamweaver or Pinegrow to create your site.

Bootstrap 4 Tutorial

Design responsive websites using Bootstrap & Dreamweaver

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thirdcreative  wrote

Let's assume that I create a website with different layouts (one for desktop, one for tablet and one for mobile) with [will?] these layouts have same width but different design.

they can do or have different width... in most senarios they should have different widths but its not enforced

thirdcreative  wrote

Will Muse recognize the device and project the website with the appropriate layout?

Muse only labels a layout for different devices... its up to your website host to recognize the device but yes when that happens the appropriate layout is loaded

thirdcreative  wrote

Will the mobile layout override the desktop layout for a phone? Will the desktop layout override a phone layout for a laptop?

yes and no... a default layout loads if the host recogizes the device (some devices are set to hide themselves from a host so the host can't tell what they are)

a layout can always be custom loaded so a desktop layout can be loaded into a phone by the end user or a phone layout can be loaded into a desktop broswer (assume they want to test that) but that should not happen by default

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines