• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

a real holiday gift if you can take a peak...

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Happy holidays and thanks for any help on this..

very simply, this site below was on Adobe Site of the Day so I am hoping to say it was made in muse.

My question is about their slideshow on the homepage.

It seems to me that as you resize the browser the images actually adjust and respond smaller and you see the entire thing. I am looking to find out how to do this. I know their text must be an overlay but the images themselves when I do it using Slideshow (basic) Muse widget, they do not resize.

Is this possible to do in muse where the entire image is viewable at all BPs?

Thanks for the guidance

Barry

Message was edited by: Mod removed link to website.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Hoffkids  написал(а)

Pavel

Why would you recc something you do not have and are only guessing on how it works and the settings.

That could set someone up to spend and waste money?

Hi. In general, you asked:

I wanted to know how they did this IF there was another way besides putting smaller versions of each picture in at each breakpoint.

And I answered you, how it is done and by what means. The site that you gave as an example uses this particular widget. And I do not need to own this widget to know th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope I will not find out that TRO resizes the graphic for each BP to make that happen.

I imagine that is possible as their slideshow images stay for long periods of time.

Mine change every few days so this will be impossible. I am not resizing images for each BP.

I need to import it once and let it do its own resizing for every BP.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask why the mod removed the link to the website, the question is about? Is the website inappropriate? How should we answer? Like this you could answer the question for yourself and delete the whole question, I guess

Couldn`t you just unlink it and leave the address?

Best and unconscious Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The post was approved and the site is an Adobe Muse Site of the Day.  Not sure why it was removed.

here it is again.

thanks for looking and advising

http://tro-design.com

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barry.

As I realize there´s a fullscreen hero slideshow with a 3rd party widget, because it is still scrollable even in huge screens.

At about 1200 there´s a breakpoint and the slideshow is just a "normal" out of the box responsive composition/tootltip – stretched to browser width. But as you may have realized as well, the images below the hero react like there´s a fixed width layout.

So for me it looks like a very "old school" but very functional website. There´s no fluid width breakpoints website necessary like for most websites, I guess. You have the most controls about all elements like this.

The portfolio page is done with a 3rd party widget, from muse-themes or qooqee or … … or some like this.

It even seems like the mobile breakpoints are fixed width layouts. The hero is always set to expand to browser width – that´s it.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for your response. I do however believe you missed my question and it may be interesting to others so here goes again.

In the slideshow on the homepage as you resize your screen smaller, the entire images in the slideshow resize as well.

I wanted to know how they did this IF there was another way besides putting smaller versions of each picture in at each breakpoint.

In other words, I do not know of a slideshow or composition (muse or 3rd party) widget that allows the actual images to automatically resize itself as the screen gets smaller.

Thanks for looking at it with new eyes.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I got exactly what you asked. If not, tell us which page you have in mind, please.

The hero on the landing page is is stretched to browser width and does indeed not always show the whole thing (watch the persons on both sides when reducing the browser window – the image or the composition is not set to react in width and height:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-18 um 00.32.47.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-18 um 00.33.03.png

This changes at around 1200 (a little more), when the composition/the images get set to be responsive in width and height.

Compositions are responsive in muse 2018, slideshows are responsive in muse 2018. You can choose wether to to set it to be responsive in width and height or only in width.

That the layout is done with fixed width breakpoints is obvious from the images below the hero.

You don´t put new versions of the images but simply reduce the size from breakpoint to breakpoint to your needs.

Best regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

I hope we can make this productive but right now we are not communicating.

First when I resize in the browser the image stays identical until maybe a little cutoff towards small BP.

this video shows that...

http://hoffkids.screencasthost.com/watch/cblb0K2sJG

I understand in Muse 2018 the responsive nature and I have the version but I do not agree that the actual images in the slideshow are responsive. If so I do not understand how?

I do not care about the images below at all. If the fixed vs fluid has anything to do with this slider and what I am trying to achieve please let me know.

When you say "You don´t put new versions of the images but simply reduce the size from breakpoint to breakpoint to your needs."

What would this mean? Each time I add a new slide, would I have to go to each BP and do something?

In short, I need a slideshow that has about 8 images that allows me to add and delete images pretty regularly and that resizes the entire image automatically at each BP without a ton of work since I have 4 BPs.

thanks for being patient.

Thanks,

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so disappointed that I cannot find a straight answer from anyone on this. Who really knows the ins and outs of Muse's own widgets?

Where are the Top experienced Pros?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Barry,

can i suggest you make simple slideshow widget with 8 example images on a otherwise blank page (add the breakpoints where you want them but nothing else) then save | share this .muse with Adobe cloud or a dropbox

we can all have a look and make improvments then every one knows what is happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the slideshow on the homepage as you resize your screen smaller, the entire images in the slideshow resize as well.

SuperHero Slider Widget for Adobe Muse by MuseThemes

Different settings at different breakpoints.

336d6fef22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pavel.

Can you tell me from experience if I can hyperlink the slideshow image or just the caption? In their video it says/shows "hyperlink caption"

Do you have/own this?

Thanks again.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know. I do not have this widget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pavel

Why would you recc something you do not have and are only guessing on how it works and the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it has been confimed that Cinch by Muse-themes does not give ability to hyperlink the graphics for a slideshow.

not too good there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hoffkids  написал(а)

Pavel

Hi. In general, you asked:

And I answered you, how it is done and by what means. The site that you gave as an example uses this particular widget. And I do not need to own this widget to know this. I know the MuseTemes widgets, since I had a subscription there for a long time.  All other questions you can ask in support of MuseTemes. I guess they will not bite you.

Instead of something to say thank you outraged not know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines