Exit

A thought.. Muse.. Blocs...

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Will keep it short.

Adobe has a long history, big company, large worldwide team, etc etc.

People have said that  if this sudden stop could happen to them it could surely happen again to a much much smaller entity like Blocs, pine grow, etc.

My question is.. When something like blocs is pretty much run and controlled and created entirely by 1 single person (norm).. I am sure he has a team... Imagine that person gets ill or something in their life prevents them from going on with running  a small company and answering forums questions... Wouldn't that leave everyone In a simimar situation as with muse?

Thoughts?

Barry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoffkids  wrote

Wouldn't that leave everyone In a simimar situation as with muse?

Couldn't the same designers or creative business owners you are now speaking to likewise get ill, have computer failures, business struggles, etc., ? Nothing is guaranteed for anyone, so that is beyond hypothetical or controllable. You or me may likewise get struck by lightning, hit by a car, eaten by a shark later today.

Hoffkids  wrote

Adobe has a long history, big company, large worldwide team, etc etc.

So is big better?

Adobe can more easily stop developing and cease support for a program as they have repeatedly shown over the years. Their business model is enormous and they have no stake in singular customers or groups as shown by the Muse EOL and others. This is even more pervasive since CC was put in place. So does big equate to stability, longevity or security? If Adobe is any example then certainly not.

Hoffkids  wrote

Blocs, Pinegrow, etc.

By contrast small indie style developers need their apps for their livelihood, just as much as the customers need them. But as Pinegrow and others have clearly shown these small nimble teams are quicker to market and able to be more innovative. Plus if a person goes with Pinegrow then if something happens they simply take their files and move on as it works with native source files, no lock-in or closed system. Plus you buy the app and own it on your computer so you can still use it going forward. Blocs uses Bootstrap so even though it presently uses it's own file format, the exported clean source it provides can quickly move to something else as well given Bootstraps popularity. Blocs likewise is a desktop app and will continue to work. Norm at Blocs is very hands on and listens to customers and is quick to bring forth features and fixes.

Greater personalization and ability for input with smaller app makers is very common verse huge conglomerates like Adobe, where your voice may never be heard. See links below regarding more information on both Blocs and Pinegrow.

So company size regardless of Big or Small each has its advantages and disadvantages. Neither can offer complete guarantees or ultimate security for their users. I believe your chosen software FreewayPro, and now for the customers of Adobe Muse, it has proven and shown all too well, company size proves little.

-------

So the fear of the unknown can be present regardless, just like unforeseen occurrences -- adapt and move on accordingly.

-------

Both Blocs and Pinegrow are good possible alternatives to Muse users. They could also be used in conjunction with each other.

Post about Blocs | Posts about Pinegrow Link 1 | Link 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that insightful reply. While respectfully disagreeing with you on some points, I do appreciate your input and know that many people are going through tough times to varying levels due to this Adobe fiasco.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

I'm sure you can certainly relate directly to this current situation, having previously gone through the Freeway/Softpress closing. Then having switched to Muse from Freeway, you experienced the insecurity of both small and large companies that your post speaks towards. So your post and perspective is interesting given your own past experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again.

Are you willing to

1) Answer a question about staying with Muse (re: stopping with Adobe but still using program) in which I cannot get the correct answer from anyone

and

2) Give your opinion of 1 or 2 other programs if I jump from Adobe (i.e. Blocs).

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can try, thats all I can say without knowing what will be asked, some of it may have already been discussed here previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines