• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accordeon (responsive menu) not working. Any idea?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Muse users, I hope you can help me.

I made a responsive "hamburger" menu inside one accordeon. It was working fine, but last time I entered the site... surprise! I wasn´t. It´s really strange, but I didn´t touch anything and it stopped working ok.

Here is what is happening: http://cosin.com.ar/video/menu.mp4

And, example on line (should see in mobile): ¿Qué me pasó?

I can´t understand why it si not working, and I spent a few hours trying to find it.

If you can help me, I´ll be very greatful.

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Hi all,

Please update to the latest version of Muse (2017.0.2) where this issue has been fixed.

Muse 2017.0.2 is now live

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran:

Looks like the pointerdown handler didn't preventDefault, therefore caused a double-handling through mousedown. As we noted in the chromium bug (crbug.com/675467), forcing a preventDefault through a capturing pointerdown listener seems to fix the hamburger menu:

window.addEventListener("pointerdown", function(e) { if (e.type=="pointerdown") e.preventDefault(); }, true);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not an issue regarding previous versions, this is a browser support issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JOeRagu​: I think, you are completely right. As far as I know, using an older version of Muse won’t help, because live sites, created with older versions ar affected as well. But nevertheless, the Muse team should look into it. Perhaps they can provide a workaround especially for newly created or re-published sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be noted also that other widgets that rely on the same click method are affected by this chrome update. One example is the lightbox behaving similarly to the glitched accordion menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! A lot of problem with this new update of chrome. Hope that muse resolved those problem ASAP!!! I say resolve not say give the older version muse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Goldboyvi, please don't post that widget when you not have checked it yourself on flaws in the newest chrome update, apparently it has the same problems as the stock accordeon widget from Muse.that we all talk about here. It keeps flipping in and out on click. Please check yourself for confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryed It. In my site its ok. I sad  have a look.

ALBDIAMANT | Mjete Pajisje Diamanti - Të Diamantuar .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Goldboyvi, yes it seems to work as you show it on your side, I made a setup exactly the same and all works fine also filling out a form widget from muse, but...

In my other setup I didn't want to have the close button that you have added in your widget so I just want to be able to click the same trigger button a second time to close the menu but that doesn't work properly in your widget.

if you choose hide on click and  with "no close button" checked ...> your widget has the same chrome bug as with the original muse widget. Can you get around that? That would be the real solution for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support, try to contact google to fix it asap! pleasee! I have the same problem that everyone here, in my iphone works fine but in android not..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

panchoabalos wrote:

try to contact google

yes how hard could that be...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hard, not impossible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Defenitivly the new Chrome update for mobile devices (55.0.2883.91) causes this problem: Muse accordion does not open on "click" as it should be.

I tested with older smartphones and tabletts where the new Chrome update is not installed and it works fine. Also other Browsers like Firefox, etc.. no problem. Other menus made with an accordion NOT in muse, for mobile devices (Hamburger menu) are still working fine, also in the new Chrome update. Since many Muse users use this hamburger menu with Muse Accordion for mobile devices this is a major problem. Mobile menus do not open!

I also found out that the "click" on a Muse accordion is differently interpreted by new Chrome update (55.0.2883.91). If you do not "Click or tab" it shortly, but stay on the button for about 2 sec. it opens the accordion...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know the names of the other menus that I can use for muse that work until they fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this "quick and dirty" sample site: Homepage

If this is enough for you – the menu in smaller breakpoints is created with the standard "vertical menu" built into Muse.

Muse 2017 brought small, but very effective modifications to this widget, so that it now works fine on smart phones and tablets.

You can download the corresponding .muse file directly from the demo site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I will look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you mac_heibu. It works very good, the only thing is that I can´t close the menu. But I´m gonna open the muse file and look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here. It is indeed a big problem. Please Team Muse look into this with High Priority. TNX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with accordion menus only opening in Android when "press and held" for a second or two, as opposed to a simple click.

Is there any idea when this will be fixed

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read post #20 for example, you'll see, that this this seems to be a Chrome/Android error. Not sure, if the Muse team is able to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think they will update to make compatible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully the problem is fixed on the Google chrome side, not Muse. If it requires a Muse update – then those with a lot of Muse websites online will need to update and re-upload all their website's with this problem.

I myself have over 80 websites that will need updating if the problem is fixed via a Muse update... Not good!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally don't think Chrome will be able to do anything as it's just their standard update to make their services better. Websites would have to be compatible with them, I would think. Whatever this situation is, I really wish there's an update soon to let us know whether or not we have to do things differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They obviously have not made their services better with this update. And they need to be compatible with website's code, not cause to break the current valid code on website that work fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No not for our sake, whoever issue it is, whether muse or chrome, I just hope to hear an update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested the mobile version of a website we made before and after the upgrade of Google Chrome (latest version) on a Huawei P9 Lite (Android). Before the upgrade the menu (Accordion) worked as it should, after the upgrade the above described problems start to happen. The Muse accordion does not open on "click" as it should be. After the 'click' it opens quickly and closes immediately. Help would be very welcome folks. A lot of Muse users should encounter these problems I suppose…. What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines