Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

According Widget doesn't work correctly in different Breakpoint

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I'm using According Widget on Header menu. The problem came when I changed the breakpoint. I'm sure that set the According correctly.

It's working well at this resolution.

1.jpg

But I got something strange here.

2.jpg

3.jpg

The according widget lays below all layer, how can I fix it?

Thanks for your attention.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, tell us, what your problem is!

Do you think, we know your intentions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4.png

Overlap Items Below doesn't work properly. In the first pic, It works properly but next pics, It doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be your secret, but do you want items to overlap or not?

If you want to have items pushed down, nothing should be pinned in breakpoint.

If this is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont want items overlap. It works well in 1440 Width, but It doesn't work properly in smaller break point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be I am foolish, but I can’t see from your screenshots, what is right and what is wrong. I think we won’t find a solution without having a clear explanation and a .muse file.

Do the following: Reduce your existing site to only one typical page, containing only a few elements, which demonstrate your issue. (This is necessary, because it saves download- and analysing-time). Upload this .muse file (without assets) to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look. Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at this picture

1.jpg

and this picture

2.jpg

Now the first one is working properly but the second goes wrong (Overlap).

This is the muse file https://www.mediafire.com/?62qw6qo8wz2j6p3

P.s: Sorry for my bad explaination. This is the first time I ask in this forum coz I cant solve my problem. I've just start using Muse for a week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it took some time to analyse your file. Unfortunately I have to say, that I think, we are dealing with a Muse bug here. (Normally I am very cautious calling something a „bug“, but I think, this is one.

I reduced your site as much as possible. What remains, is an accordion, a rectangle and a fluid site with 2 breakpoints.

In the first breakpoint, the accordion pushes down the rectangle, as it should. In the second breakpoint, the rectangle isn’t pushed down.

Here is the test site: http://accordion-push-down-bug.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

You may download the corresponding .muse file directly from this sample site.

Perhaps UssNorway​, Pavel Homeriki and fotoroeder​ can have a look at this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m really looking forward to it but I am on a Shooting. Tomorrow I do some car repair but ASAP I will watch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at all surprised. The accordion has always been with bugs and has never been completely corrected. I think that it is not permissible to use it to create a menu, because bugs and because it is not technically correct. The accordion menu must be a single script, not an accordion + menu as it is done in Muse ( It's just musers life hack )... Especially if the accordion is on the Master page, there have always been problems with it.

And you will be very surprised if you first reduce the browser window, and then preview in the browser .... and it all works

cf9e4ba5fe.png

So yes, it's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no its not really a bug (the code works the way it was designed)... more of a catch 22 senario because accords are old code that predate breakpoints and they don't allow for them the way you expect.

as Pavel, says the accord should not be used as a menu when breakpoints are in the design but the fix is to refresh your page after EACH breakpoint to reset the code

P.s, this has been reported many times and there are at least two options that could improve the design... Adobe really should get around to it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pavel Homeriki, In your last example (reducing browser window first), it works. But in this case the bug appears, if one makes the window wider again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines