Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accordion - Fraction of a header that still takes up whole screen when expanded

New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to create an accordion with the width of the sub-content area bigger than the top button (layer) of the accordion that gets it open. I don't know if that makes sense; I'll rephrase. I want to make an accordion that acts like a button in the header (alongside many other things) that once it opens it opens a submenu that takes up all of the screen below the header. However, when I try to make the sub content box bigger it makes the "top button" box bigger as well and things start overlapping in the header. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Also, how do I get rid of the accordion box; The stroke properties are at 0 pixels each side.

Thank you

Nacho

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

The accordion title bars always are as wide as its content area.

For some (not all) use cases you may try to use a manual menu for that. (You can copy all kinds of elements (even slide shows, compositions, …) into the sub menu text area. Using menus, the „trigger“ is independent from the „sub areas“.

The „stroke issue“. Did you notice, that an accordion has an „accordion area“, a “Label area“ and a „Content area“? Each area can have a stroke in one or more different states.

You can see, which eleme

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The accordion title bars always are as wide as its content area.

For some (not all) use cases you may try to use a manual menu for that. (You can copy all kinds of elements (even slide shows, compositions, …) into the sub menu text area. Using menus, the „trigger“ is independent from the „sub areas“.

The „stroke issue“. Did you notice, that an accordion has an „accordion area“, a “Label area“ and a „Content area“? Each area can have a stroke in one or more different states.

You can see, which element is selected by looking at the top legt corner of Muse’s application widow. There, the selected element is listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding Menues into the container of the accordion (not the "trigger") resized the "trigger" part of the accordion too. I think I didn't understand your solution perhaps. The stroke solution did work, however. If you can, please rephrase your accordion solution (although your first statement makes it seem like there is no solution- maybe a widget?)

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please isolate the accordion, paste it into a newly created .muse file and share this small .muse file with us using „Dropbox“, CC Files or a similar file sharing service. Then we can have a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines