Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accordion mobile menu not working

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Having an issue with this accordion drop down menu on my phone site. All working perfectly in preview and in browser, but when I check it out on my iPhone 6 the menu comes out like below - really big, cut off and not in the centre. Would love some help with this or to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks

menu pain.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

If you make an adaptive site (1 site for desktop, 1 site for tablet, 1 site for phone) these sites don’t necessarily have to be responsive, because the so called „viewport scaling“ of mobile devices does this automatically´.

The problems, you are encountering,  are caused by using system fonts. Why? Just read my answer 4 in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163

If you now close the accordion menu before previewing in browser, all should work as expected.

So

• Replace all fonts by stand

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mostly it helps, when all elements in the accordion are set to responsive width.

All the rest can only be said by seeing a .muse, reduced as much as possible with only one page with the accordion menu to see what happened.

Let me add, that the accordion itself is not really a menu but one possible container to contain a menu as well.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok think I figured out responsive etc and still not working. Have provided page link Dropbox - testing menu.muse  would be great if you could contribute something to help me out  

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make an adaptive site (1 site for desktop, 1 site for tablet, 1 site for phone) these sites don’t necessarily have to be responsive, because the so called „viewport scaling“ of mobile devices does this automatically´.

The problems, you are encountering,  are caused by using system fonts. Why? Just read my answer 4 in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163

If you now close the accordion menu before previewing in browser, all should work as expected.

So

• Replace all fonts by standard fonts (you may use web fonts too, but this is a little bit more complicated)
  • Close the accordion menu

And you might be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

This has been driving me mad and delaying me for days.

Amazing, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for you help. How do I set all elements to a responsive width?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines