• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accordion overlays in two breakpoints until first selection is made then it pushes down?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't figure it out. I want it to push down but in two breakpoints it overlays until i click on a menu item and from then on it works fine until I leave the breakpoint and come back and it is broken again. it is broken at 522,  480, and 320, but i'm sure it sometimes works at others and sometimes doesn't. I can't fix anything else until I get this working. Has anybody seen this before?

Thanks Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

It's s known bug, which will be resolved in the next release.

Workaround for now:

1. Copy the accordion.
  2. Go to the next breakpoint and hide the "original" accordion, by rightclicking onto it and choosing ""Hide in this breakpoint".
  3. Paste the accordion, you copied in step 1.
  4. Right click onto it and choose "Hide un orher breakpoints".

By the way: Using an sccordion to place a menu into it, in my eyes is a poor idea. I'd rather use a manual menu and configure it according your wishes. I think, there is no o

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The secret for this: nothing should be pinned to browser below the accordion, then it pushes down (normally).

Also a footer gets pushed down normally.

If you don`t want the push down effect, select "overlap content below" in the accordion context menu.

Does this help?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nothing is pinned. The weird thing is it works OK if you can make a

menu selection. After that it works the way it is supposed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I missed that you use your accordion as a menu. Accordions are not really the best solution for menus, if you use the accordion tabs as menu items.

For better help we would need a .muse but I am out for the following day.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every Adobe Muse video tells you to put the drop down menu in an accordion! If that is not the preferred method why then do they teach it that way?

Sent from Tom's iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's s known bug, which will be resolved in the next release.

Workaround for now:

1. Copy the accordion.
  2. Go to the next breakpoint and hide the "original" accordion, by rightclicking onto it and choosing ""Hide in this breakpoint".
  3. Paste the accordion, you copied in step 1.
  4. Right click onto it and choose "Hide un orher breakpoints".

By the way: Using an sccordion to place a menu into it, in my eyes is a poor idea. I'd rather use a manual menu and configure it according your wishes. I think, there is no offcial video, recommending to put a menu into an accordion, because an accordion doesn't close, when a menu item is activated. And – again my very personal opinion – a menu pushing down content below is nothing but an eye candy gimmick which offers no real advantage. it is decoration, not design. But as I said: My personal opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gunter

Thanks for this.

Just to make sure since I have multiple breakpoints that are doing this;

on 1. copy one that is working or the one that isn't?

2. The next breakpoint is one that isn't working? and by next does that

mean the next smaller or larger breakpoint - or doesn't direction matter?

Thanks for all you do

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Always the actual breakpoint works correct, when you refresh the browser. The other works incorrect And the next one doesn't. Using different accordions per breakpoint solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gunter

I went through each breakpoint that wasn't working properly and copied

the accordion on a breakpoint that was working and on each breakpoint

that wasn't working I hid the accordion on that page and pasted the good

one in and marked it to hide in other breakpoints. It did nothing. The

breakpoints that were broken were still not working properly. I did it

twice. Can I make a correction in the CSS? I would hate to abandon Muse

but if I can't get past this I have to move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Working fine here! Do the following: Create a new site with only one page and only a few(!) elements, which demonstrate your issue. (This is necessary, because it saves download- and analysing-time). Upload this .muse file (without assets) to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines