• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accordion Panel Not moving one object below it.

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I placed an accordion above some objects and text and it works beautifully except that it does not move one FULL WIDTH GREEN BLOCK block.

I have made sure I did not tick OVERLAP

accordion is not set to FULL WIDTH,

Tried all on same LAYER, with accordion above all - no luck

Tried FULL WIDTH GREEN BLOCK on accordion level below it - no luck

Tried FULL WIDTH GREEN BLOCK on a separate level below everything - no luck

Tried accordion on separate level above all - no luck.

What am I missing here?

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 11.42.19 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

To make it clear from woman to woman, you pinned everything on your page.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-14 um 14.15.04.png

This happens by default. But still checking after unpinning and deleting all that unnecessary elements above the accordion – no pushing down.

But "rouge" that you are , you gave this green rectangle a rollover effect.

For what?

Unchecking this and voila: Home

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accordions cannot move full screen elements. Set this full screen block 2 px less than necessary and set it to responsive in width and all should work as expected and intended.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of coure an accordion can push down a full width element, Uwe​! Just try it!

Did you pin the green element? If not, there must be a different issue within the layout. iDESci​​, do the following: Create a new site with only one page and only the accordion and the green element. (This is necessary, because it saves download- and analysing-time). Upload this .muse file (without assets) to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, I thought it´s not possible with fullwidth elements, sorry.

So maybe then something is pinned on this page?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no pinning. When I copy the elements (green element and accordion) to a new page it works! So it must be something with the settings in my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make it clear from woman to woman, you pinned everything on your page.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-14 um 14.15.04.png

This happens by default. But still checking after unpinning and deleting all that unnecessary elements above the accordion – no pushing down.

But "rouge" that you are , you gave this green rectangle a rollover effect.

For what?

Unchecking this and voila: Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my, one click.... Thank you so much!! sorted! It was a template I am busy editing so I never knew there were scroll effects on it to start with. Will know where to check in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check for pinning as well in the future – please 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friend iDESci​: Just believe me, there IS a very good reason, why I wrote: "Create a new site with only one page and only the accordion and the green element. (This is necessary, because it saves download- and analysing-time)."

The issue on your site is a quite simple one, but took a really(!!) long time to find out, because I had to check every single element. And – as coincidence wants – it was the last possibility after 2 hours of analysing finally. It is your page, not ours, and we can expect a certain degree of cooperation, can’t we?

But here is the solution:

• Select the green rectangle, open the "Scroll Effects" panel and deselect "Motion". The motion effect contradicts the fact, that the element should be pushed down by the accordion. That’s it!

Screen.jpg

Next time, please cooperate!

By the way: Please be aware, that many of your text containers have to be converted to an image durch output, because you have used system fonts. Nobody can make sure, that these fonts are installed on your visitors computers/devices. Please, use web fonts or standard fonts instead. You can identify the upcoming image conversion by the small "T/landscape" icon (see screenshot).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the time you took. Cant believe I missed this. I guess that is the downfall of starting projects from downloaded themes. You never know what was done from the start.

Sorry about that - "Next time, please cooperate!"

Thank you again, this baffled me the whole morning.

Ps. also thanks for the text, yes I still need to find an appropriate font for the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I made a copy site and included only those elements and it is working. There must then be some setting in my current site. So I uploaded the full site (it must be something in the site) - sorry for this, but as explained when I copy only the green element and accordion it works.

Heres a link of the site, its only 14MB (It is a 1 pager) Dropbox - LeSkips copy.muse

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines