• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accordion won't open with embedded anchor

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Dani Beaumont's recent YouTube video named "Anchor tags in Accordions in Adobe Muse" we can now embed an anchor within individual accordion panels and when a user clicks on a link, the accordion will open automatically when arriving. The only thing is, it doesn't work. At least not for me. I've set up an accordion panel with eight panels, four of which have anchor links (one in each of four panels). However, when clicking on the links after the site is published, it only goes to the accordion panels and ALL remain closed. I've even tried recreating the entire accordion panel from scratch, since this is an older site. Also, it is hosted on BC, if that matters. I've been a Muse user since the first beta version and have never been this stumped with a problem before. Does anyone know why this feature won't work? What is the trick?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Well, I assume your buttons are not on the same page? It doesn`t work to link them to anchors on different pages with accordions.

However, it works properly when the link and the anchor are on the same page.

Does this fit into your issue?

If not, we would need a simply reduced to your issue .muse

Best regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I assume your buttons are not on the same page? It doesn`t work to link them to anchors on different pages with accordions.

However, it works properly when the link and the anchor are on the same page.

Does this fit into your issue?

If not, we would need a simply reduced to your issue .muse

Best regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. My original links to the anchors are not on the same page as the accordion. I didn't realize this was a requirement. I went back and watched Dani's tutorial, and although she creates the links to the embedded anchors on the same page, she never says that it is a requirement that they are on the same page. Is it too much of a leap to expect this function will be extended someday to work more universally from other pages with links? I would hope not. Thanks Uwe, for clearing this up. It has actually given me ideas of how to design to accommodate this in future sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could add this as a feature request here:

Ideas for features in Adobe Muse​

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-10 um 18.14.57.png

I also think, this would be a very nice feature.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team should be already aware of this, since the feature was added. The request already exists. (I know this, because I am one of those, who requested it. ) But: Why don't we users give software a chance to develop? Why do we always expect, that all, what we personally want and need (and that is true for every single user), has to be there from the beginning and, if not, has to have highest priority on the feature roadmap at least?

Muse now finally has reached the long desired state, that all widgets are "responsivated". The most important goal for the next time seems to me, to iron out critical bugs and glitches, which evidently emerged in consequence of this heavy engineering efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely right Günter Heißenbüttel​.

I am not sure, though, if the question was really meant to be that demanding .

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think this too! I simply wanted to say: The feature request exists, but we shouldn't be too impatient, because there are much more importent thing to do …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines