• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Active State not working with anchor

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m having an issue with the activate state on my website. The submenu bar doesn´t show the underline in the exact position of the anchor. The problem is on "nosotros" "servicios" and "contacto"

Any idea? Here is the link of the website: http://dhw.com.mx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are takling about these lines:

Screen_01.jpg

If yes: Please share your .muse file via Dropbox or a similar service and post the download link here. (Before doing this, reduce your file to only one page to make investigation easier.) Then we can have a close look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
please, how did you solve the problem? I have the same problem in browsers chrome and mozzila. In IE is OK. When I scroll down, the active state do not work. I notice thats works fine on your web (in chrome browser). Many thanks, Milan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread starter obviously had no interest in following the thread any more.

If you want us to look for a solution, please follow my advice in my post of Oct. 01, 2019:

"Please share your .muse file via Dropbox or a similar service and post the download link here. (Before doing this, reduce your file to only one page to make investigation easier.) Then we can have a close look."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
here is the link - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ilh6a4lni8zy0nu/AAAhLCcA5pHgfOM4UnmtPDf9a?dl=0
Thank you very much for your time with my problem.
Milan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You leave me puzzled.

I have no idea, what your issue is. Even the attached docx doesn’t help.

Could you please explain exactly(!) at which breakpoint should happen what to which anchor element. I can’t see any anchor element, which has any states assigned. So: What do you expect to happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I fixed the file (in the link above on the dropbox). "Menu" was under the title background ... for better work I removed the background. The problem is that I have set active states and when I scroll down to some section on the page. It's OK in the preview, but after exporting and opening in chrome and mozilla (in IE is OK) the active state doesn't work.
Thanks for your time in finding a solution.
Milan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No chance for me, to fix this (the time for me in this forum to be not able to fix an issue or at least exactly tell the reason for the issue 🙂 !)

Why?

• Too many and misconstructed breakpoints. To see, what I mean: Delete all smaller breakpoint and look, what happens to the widest one …
  • Site is defined as  "fluid width", but there are only fixed width breakpoints.

The only chance to fix this:

Create one(!) valid breakpoint and delete all others.

Delete all 3rd party widgets and all custum code.

When you got a working layout, add the other breakpoints and widgets one by one. And, please, don’t use 16 breakpoints! If you need such granular differences, use a few responsive breakpoints.

Sorry to be not able to help …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I created a new file - the link above on the dropbox (without any third-party widgets, no graphics and paragraph styles). Simple, no objects with menu and anchors only.

I don't know whether is a mistake with me or with a muse. I don't know how to describe the problem. I have set states so that when scrolling, the active state is highlighted according to the anchor. It works in preview, but after export it doesn't work in chrome and mozilla browsers. In IE is ok.
I know you spent a lot of time with my problem, but please look again last time. You've probably solved the user in above (user romanoqro) because their website also works in chrome. There is also a document on the dropbox where I tried to describe it with screen.
Is it possible that some functions don't work in chrome and mozilla? But this function is a basic.
Thanks you once again for your time... Now it's the last time.
Milan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Milan!

I tested your file and created a completely new one. The result isn’t really pleasing:

• Either actual browsers don’t support visualising different anchor states the way, Muse exports them, or
  • there are crucial incompatibilities between Muse and new OS versions. I tested this "states/anchor issue" using Muse version 2018.1 (I didn’t try the new version 2018.1.1.) together with macOS Catilina (10.15.1.)

Even replacing the menu by simple rectangles or states buttons doesn’t work. By the way: States are displayed correctly, when the respective links lead to different pages.

Sorry for not having a more helpful answer. Which Muse/OS version do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Günter,
I'm using Muse CC 2018.1.1.
It is Interestingly that the user romanoqro (above) has fixed this problem (his link above - http://dhw.com.mx/h-w---servicios.html).

romanogro web.jpg

I suppose that he solve similarly to me ... i.e. he used anchors and active states. You helped him with that?
I greatly respect your help and your time.
Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is the problem of forums: Some users ask questions and never bother about the thread, which they opened any more … So we don’t know, what he did.

Perhaps using a different Muse version, perhaps a different os version, perhaps he introduced custum code.

Fact is, when assigning to an element to perform a jump to an anchor, Chrome shows this alert:

Screen_01.jpg

This happens with Muse 2018.0 and apparently with Muse 2018.1.Whether it happens with Muse 2018.1.1. – I don’t know. Maybe you want to try? But  make sure in this case to create a .muse document with all social widgets for future use, because Muse 2018.1.1 dosn’t install these widget any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines