Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a self hosted font webkit after using the font already

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I've been using a couple of fonts for a while with the site exporting them as images. I've now made a font webkit using font squirrel and added those files into Muse but when I export the site to GoDaddy it is still exporting the text as images and I can't seem to find a way to change this. Does anyone know what I'm missing here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

I tested your site and your fonts and everything is working as it should! (Be aware, that besides „Blippo“ and „Swis“ you have one more font in your text frame: The [return] in the line between „Test Text Title“ and „Text Test Boxy“ has an invisible paragraph break in „Arial“. This doesn’t matter in the actual issue as „Arial“ is a standard font, but be aware, that a text box has to be converted to an image during output, if it contains system font characters. Why? Just read here (post 4): https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello AGAalastair,

Looking at your issue description I assume that even after hosting your fonts they are getting exported by Muse as images.

Can you please try to preview the site locally or upload on Business Catalyst server as a test and let us know it behaving similarly?

Also, share the link to your site hosted on Godaddy so we can examine the codes generated.

Kindly update us accordingly.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have previewed the a few sites I've added the fonts to and all behave the same way, keeps the text as images.

Couple of URLs are:

www.abbeymat.co.uk

www.bishopyoungacademy.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ankushr40215001​ did yo manage to have a look at the URLs below and spot anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response, was on a long leave.

However nothing much I found from your site URLs.

Can you please try uploading the same site to Business Catalyst as a test and share the URL?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ankushr40215001 apologies about the delay in getting back to you! I'd completely forgotten about this but the fact I need to get this sorted has been raised again!

URL: abbeymattest.businesscatalyst.com

Same problem with the fonts despite publishing to business catalyst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share .muse file with nothing but a small tet container using one of these fonts. And, if the font isn’t free available, could you provide the font files too? You may use Creative Cloud, Dropbox or a similar file sharing service to share these files with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here's the link Dropbox - Test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tested your site and your fonts and everything is working as it should! (Be aware, that besides „Blippo“ and „Swis“ you have one more font in your text frame: The [return] in the line between „Test Text Title“ and „Text Test Boxy“ has an invisible paragraph break in „Arial“. This doesn’t matter in the actual issue as „Arial“ is a standard font, but be aware, that a text box has to be converted to an image during output, if it contains system font characters. Why? Just read here (post 4): https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163

But now back to your actual issue:

• At first, you have to install the .ttf fonts into your operating system (macOS, Windows). Make sure, that you don’t have installed the same font in a different font format (type 1, .otf, …) and, if you already have installed the .ttf font, make sure, that it is the same font version. • Best practice: Deactivate/delete all other fonts with the same name temporarily.
  • Now install the web instances of the needed font (.eot, .svg, .woff). If you don’t do this correctly and nevertheless use the installed system font, it will be converted to an image during output!
  • Have a look at this short screencast:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines