• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding .MP4 videos to Muse WITHOUT using widgets or code

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So awhile ago when I started to use Muse to build my website, I was easily able to drag and drop video into Muse and have it autoplay behind some objects I placed. It did not have a play bar, or pause/play feature but was auto playing. The file format was .mp4 but now I can't remember how to do that. I have searched for hours on the internet but all I can find is "add video using vimeo or youtube" I do NOT want to use youtube or vimeo. I have my file on my computer to place in the website. Other tutorials now say "use HTML code" or whatever and that isn't how I originally did this.

All I want to do is add a .mp4 file video to my website to autoplay in the background (and NOT as a full page background video, I've seen those tutorials too and that was no help). I was able to resize the width and height of the video too, but now I can't seem to do any of that. Can anyone help? I am getting zero answer everywhere and this really puts a hinder on using this program. I don't see the point of using a program that claims "No code needed" yet you need code... Please someone help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cody,

Does this blog post Embed videos into your Adobe Muse site | Adobe Content Corner help answer your question?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does, but it doesn't at the same time. You still have to use code, and the video has a play/pause bar at the bottom. The first video I put was in the background sized to what I wanted and auto-played and looped WITHOUT a play/pause bar and didn't require coding to be placed. Not sure what Adobe did to update this, but it is no longer simple to do and makes me not want to use Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure as to why this is happening and am asking around for info. Stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to do what the site you sent says to do, and the coding part doesn't work. I followed the steps exactly, placed my file in assets, and changed the code name and everything but still doesn't show up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sanjit Das from the product team was able to figure the issue. See File “Screencast 21-41 05-05-2017.mp4” for the solution.

In short, after you copy the code to Muse, manually replace all the quotation marks by typing them yourself.

Let us know if it helped.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it and it works in "Preview" but when I view it in "Publish" nothing shows up. The video does not show up and nothing else on that page shows up. It also says I have issues with the assets and I have to go there to fix it however there are no issues with any of my assets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please copy and paste the code which you are using here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<video width="920" height="440" autoplay>

<source src="assets/gallerypage.mp4" type="video/mp4">

<source src="assets/gallerypage.webm" type="video/webm">

Your browser does not support the video tag.</video>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (34).pngthis is what the website should look like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (33).pngand this is what shows up in Publish Preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can your broswer see any vedio at this address? html

yes = mp4 tends to be an issue with many ftp systems because ftp was not made to load files that big... I would first assume that the host server hasn't got the mp4 ready yet

@adobe staff, the copy and paste of quotes is because the code was typed in a word processer like Microsoft word and that should be redone in a basic editor like notepad which doesn't add any special junk to the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FTP generally does not have a file size limit in and of itself. It's more about the server and your connection being stable. Some older files sizes are limited by FAT 32 to 4GB. But that is way more than your small video file.

millions of video files are uploaded via FTP everyday. HTML5 required 3 video files webm, ogo, and mp4.

you can get away with two video formats generally now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working (video doesn't load in Preview or Preview in Web Browser). I updated the quotes.

Using Muse CC 2018.

My mp4 video is 3.1MB, 270 x 270

Is it necessary to add the webm file type ALONG WITH the mp4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your video with me in private, "if privacy concerns are there".

Will like to test it at my end.

For sharing the file you may use any file sharing app like Dropbox and send the link to me in a private message.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message".

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, except my video isn't coming up at all in the browser, it keeps telling me "invalid source"  please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Cortri

As asked in above post please provide me with your .muse file along with the .mp4 which you are trying to embed.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please check on this once again.

Because embedding an MP4 video into Muse can be done only either by using an HTML code, or an external widget.

Probably you might have used any third party widget for inserting the video in past.

Here you can find a list of few widgets - https://musewidgets.com/search?q=mp4+video .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used widgets before, but I will look into it shortly. I will also keep you posted on what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines