• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Multiple In-Browser Editing Users?

Participant ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is it possible to add multiple users using different username / password to log-in and edit in in-browser editing? The site is hosted by my businesscatalyst and I am able to log-in to the in-browser editing site by using my Adobe log-in, but I don't want to give them my username / password.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

I already shared the solution to my question in my last post.

"So, when I upload the site to business catalyst, it goes through bunch of windows, but in the last window that opens up during the process, it asks me to add more users for in-browser editing with different usernames / passwords."

File > Publish to Business Catalyst, you'll go through a few windows and the last one you get is this below. Click on "Add in-browser Editing Users" and you can add multiple users and assign different passw

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many users as you want can do inbrowserediting as long as they got the credentials to log in to the site.

I would, obviously why, not recommend this at all.

If you talk about different user levels, this is not possible from within muse out of the box.

There are some CMS from 3rd party inventors (musewidgets.com), which may do a good job, regarding CMS but if you really need

a stable multi user/different permissions CMS I would recommend to use a CMS (I can`t believe I say it) like Wordpress, Joomla,

Typo3, Contao, …

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just found out a way to add multiple users for in-browser editing through Muse. I didn't really get the part that you said you don't recommend doing this. Why are you not recommending this? I don't really know what CMS is, either, so I don't really know what you meant...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get muse to handle multiple username/password? As far as I experienced, there´s one username/password – same as credentials for ftp, so I  and maybe some others are very interested how you did that?

CMS is the shortcut for Content Managemant System.

Ahisa71  schrieb

So I just found out a way to add multiple users for in-browser editing through Muse. I didn't really get the part that you said you don't recommend doing this. Why are you not recommending this? I don't really know what CMS is, either, so I don't really know what you meant...

Using CMS has the advantage to set up different user levels, so one user is able to edit one page but not the others, for example.

You have to trust all users, that edit, everybody can change everything.

If you are with BC you are already using a kind of CMS, depending on your monthly subscription plan, I guess.

Because out of the box I don`t know a way to give different users different username/password for editing.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not in FTP. As I mentioned in my first post, my site is published in the business catalyst. My site is my family's site so I just gave them one of my 5 hosting spaces that came with my CC account. But there will be a few people who wants to edit, so I didn't want to give them my Adobe password to them and was trying to figure out how to give access to more users with different passwords to in-browser-edit it. If they have their own FTP, I assume this won't be much problem, as they already have their own password. In my case, I am using my account.

So, when I upload the site to business catalyst, it goes through bunch of windows, but in the last window that opens up during the process, it asks me to add more users for in-browser editing with different usernames / passwords. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know too little about BC. So you should ask the BC team about what you want to achieve.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already found out what I needed! Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You´re welcome. Would be quit nice, if you let us participate in your solution, though.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already shared the solution to my question in my last post.

"So, when I upload the site to business catalyst, it goes through bunch of windows, but in the last window that opens up during the process, it asks me to add more users for in-browser editing with different usernames / passwords."

File > Publish to Business Catalyst, you'll go through a few windows and the last one you get is this below. Click on "Add in-browser Editing Users" and you can add multiple users and assign different passwords to them

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 10.48.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You indeed.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your solution with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, there is no way to give users different permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines