• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding new pictures and videos by clients using in-browser editing or incontext editing bc

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm building a website for my client using adobe muse and he wants to be able to add (not edit) new pictures and video to his gallery without having to contact/pay me.. Is there any way he can do so?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

This is the workflow:

You or your client open an account on Tumblr.com.

There you start a free blog with text, images, videos, whatever you want. (Attention: My opinion is, that tumblr is a little bit confusing. You have to get used to it!)

Once the blog is started at tumblr, you place the widget into your Muse site and configure it.

The content of your blog will now be shown within Muse.

Changing, modifying, adding more blog posts will be done on tumblr. That is why you client doesn't need to modi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Not out of the box in muse.

You would need either an additional CMS for muse by some of the 3rd parties out there or you move your site to "public.com" but all of these have to be paid as well with a monthly/annual fee or need subscription.

Depending on the amount of editing/adding content I would recommend a proper CMS.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Uwe for your fast reply! Do you think I can do so with business catalyst?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have to pass this question to someone from the BC Team. But be aware that their services might be difficult as well, if you follow and search inside here in this forum. Not all customers are satisfied with the overall support – on the other hand we don´t get too many disappointed BC users but if they are unhappy they are even, let´s say, unfriendly.

As I don`t know the reasons for their issues in detail we should invite ankushr40215001​ and/or Preran​ to this question.

I do not know either if the sites from BC are extendable like CMS are.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don’t you integrate a blog widget onto the Muse site? So, the client is able to use a blog for new entries without having to deal with Muse itself.

Using an existing 3rd party blog, I’d recommend these: https://www.muse-themes.com/collections/adobe-muse-widgets/blog

They work differently. I have used Mumblr, and the client are happy with this.

You may also integrate a blog widget, which is completely under your/your client’s personal control. You can administrate, edit, extend it using Muse, and all data are stored on your own webspace: http://www.qooqee.com/adobe-muse-widgets/muse-blog-cms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guenter,

as I do not know blogs that much, how is the design being build?

It has to be kind of restricted, so that any content looks the same in design, right?

Could you provide a link to show one of these blogs?

Are certain entries deletable by clients and the content orders itself?

Or is it more, that any "normal" design element is extendable and gets treated like single elements?

So that text could be extended and shifts down all following content. Galleries are extendable the same way?

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you have an adaptive site, I nailed together for a friend of mine – using several blogs (pages „“Kurse“, „Blog“, „Tutorials": http://www.tortenrosa.com/index.html

These are built with MuseThemes „Mumblr – Blog Content“. You use Tumblr to update and administrate the blog. The customer has nothing to do with your Muse file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I dive in deeper, later.

Schönes Wochenende und Grüße

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter thank you for sharing, If i'm understanding this correctly I should use the "blog content" widget inside muse where i need to add the pictures and videos that my client want to be able to add more pictures to, and then he will be able to do it by himself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the workflow:

You or your client open an account on Tumblr.com.

There you start a free blog with text, images, videos, whatever you want. (Attention: My opinion is, that tumblr is a little bit confusing. You have to get used to it!)

Once the blog is started at tumblr, you place the widget into your Muse site and configure it.

The content of your blog will now be shown within Muse.

Changing, modifying, adding more blog posts will be done on tumblr. That is why you client doesn't need to modify the Muse file. He works in Tumblr and all, what he does, is shown directly on his web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gunter I want to Thank you so much for taking your time to help me understand this, I really appreciate it! I will take a look at both  ways and will see which one will be easier for him. Thank you again

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines