• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADDING PHP TO MUSE

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to add php to my muse, it seems that Muse cannot deal with scripts which cause big problems with my clients.  Any help on how to do this?  please look at the Steva Blog I am trying to incorporate into a muse page.  Any help very much appreciated.

MUSECODEPROBLEM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Glad I could help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of issues around this. Firstly, Muse is HTML based. When a web server loads a page, it refers to the file extension to determine what language the page is built in. For a Muse page to run PHP, you would need to rename the page files from .html to .php. You'd need to do this manually and every time you uploaded the site via Muse, as it would generate new versions of the pages with .html extensions.

The second issue is you would not be able to use the site on a Business Catalyst host, even temporarily for testing, as BC does not support PHP. You would also need to upload any scripts manually (PHP is server-based) and possibly edit the code to point to the different location.

I hope this helps.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thought, maybe make it in Dreamweaver, make that a php, then embed it in muse.  Man that is a lot of processes to go through just to put up a script.  What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a lot of work. Yes you could create a page in DW and upload it to just link to the page from Muse. I don't think you're going to get much success through trying to embed it directly onto a Muse page, though.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ha, I think I am teaching myself more than the Muse techs know.  Ok, so if anyone wants to put a php script you need to embed it in muse.  Use Dreamweaver or another web page maker then change html to a php.   You pretty much have to bypass the Adobe Muse because it seems to not work with scripts well.  Here was the outcome by using dreamweaver/php then do an embed of that page/php

http://helpsaveourdemocracy.com/test.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank  you David for your help, it led me to the embed idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad I could help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David, the Muse Tech did not give me any answers.  Makes sense but something still is keeping the coding wrong enough to not work. This is what I am getting

ice_screenshot_20180320-151436.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines