• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding text from M.S.Word into Muse

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you import or add text created in Word into Muse? I have tried a few ways and have looked for an 'import' command. It is a two page biography that I want to add. How do I save it so that I can insert it?  Can it be put into the asset library and pulled out when needed?

Thanks,

Joe 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

As far as I'm aware you can't import DOCX text into Muse. However, you can import TXT format.

1. In Word perform a Save As and change the File Format / Save As Type to Plain Text (TXT).
  2. In Muse you can now use the File > Place command to place this text into your Muse page.

Alternatively as the previous post mentions, you can copy and paste text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Copy & Paste
  • Menu "File/Place"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I'm aware you can't import DOCX text into Muse. However, you can import TXT format.

1. In Word perform a Save As and change the File Format / Save As Type to Plain Text (TXT).
  2. In Muse you can now use the File > Place command to place this text into your Muse page.

Alternatively as the previous post mentions, you can copy and paste text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me, my answer was to hasty!

Cari Jansen​ is completely correct.

You can place a .txt file, drag and drop the .txt. file into Muse or copy & paste from a Word document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope that this is the correct way to continue my question.

I have found two problems with trying to do this. Firstly- converting to TXT removes all the punctuation and leaves me with just words in a row. Secondly, I am trying to add a full page of text onto a black background page.  Still cannot do it.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How did you "convert" the text? Did you save it from Word as a simple text file?

2. What happens, if you select the text in Word, copy it, and paste it into Muse?

3. Black text in black background: Click into the text box, select all text (cmd+A), open the "Text" panel and change the text colour to white:

IMG_0516.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I have figures it out. I choose the page in Muse,bring it up and minimize the page. I then go to Word and highlight and copy the text. I return to Muse, put the cursor in the area and Paste it on the page. This brings up a narrow box with the text in it. Because, the text is black, I only see some small red lines. I highlight that text which brings up the text in the highlighted area. I then just change the text color to white.

Thanks for the help from all you guys in this matter.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines