Exit

adding vimeo and youtube video's inside a lightbox

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i have a promblem adding youtube and vimeo videos in a light box,

when using the ''lightbox display'' i can add vimeo and youtube videos but when i try it with the normal lightbox (found in the widget panel under slideshow)  it doesnt work.

the reason i dont want to use the lightbox display is  because i find it hard to orginize it and the normal lightbox seems to work better.

Gr

Joeri

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

I highly recommend to go without 3rd party as long as possible. Workaround is much more easy, you see what you get.

You only have the advantage with the media pro gallery, to have thumbs in the lightbox as well. It is your decision if you want that or not.

Without 3rd party you still could use the next and prev buttons.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The „normal“ lightbox, „found in the widget panel under slideshow“, which you are talking about, behaves as its name says: It is a lightbox for slideshows, and not for videos.

If you want videos in a lightbox, you have to use the composition lightbox.

What do you think „works better“ with the slideshow lightbox? Can’t imagine anything …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i find that in the slideshow one is easier with changing the order of the thumbnails and the way it reacts to scaling and when adding breakpoints. i'm quite new to the program and so ther might be some functions im missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing thumbnail order can be done easily by using the „Layers“ panel, where you can drag the triggers just as you like: The last one shows first, if you use „Next“/„Previous“ buttons or auto scroll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly recommend to go without 3rd party as long as possible. Workaround is much more easy, you see what you get.

You only have the advantage with the media pro gallery, to have thumbs in the lightbox as well. It is your decision if you want that or not.

Without 3rd party you still could use the next and prev buttons.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No thumbnails is not a good usability practice. Just a choice If someone wants an alternative. But playing “button button who’s got the button“ with arrows is probably not what they want.

Best practice is to use an image or the video itself.

I agree to generally avoid third party at all costs but if you have to keep them at a minimum.

Better yet...keep the site as simple as possible ...it will load faster and the users will appreciate just getting to the content ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines