• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse 2018 bugs or bad configuration?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Adobe Muse 2018 in a new laptop and when I resumed working on a site created with Muse 2017, it changed the layouts and behavior of the content and when previewing the site on the browser, it is not what I see on my design.

I tried with the original version of the file and with one converted to the new version and the results are the same. Then opened again with muse 2017 in the old laptop and works fine. Is it a bug with my update or a problem in my configuration? I add a short example, the orange message on the top right corner.

muse2017.jpgmuse2018.jpg

Thank you and greetings from Mexico

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Only a few words concerning the problem with orange composition on the master page:

There are some very different issues:

• Maybe, there happened a conversion glitch from the old to the new version: If you copy the composition onto a newly created document, and modify the pinning a little bit, all works as expected.
  • The pinning behaviour of elements – especially of elements within a „container“ – was fundamentally revised in the new version and may cause layout glitches. These modifications have been

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I can see everything and without inspecting the muse: The most issues appear with pinning and resize options between 2017 and 2018.

Be aware that pinning in 2018 should be used wisely and rarely.

Most, if not all elements, that resize with the browser in fluid design, do not need any pinning.

So I recommend to unpin all elements - this is usually done quite easy by selecting all elements, pin to whatever position and unpin them again. If you see any misbehaving elements check if they are still pinned.

Now you can start to use the scrubber and watch out how elements behave when resizing the browser.

Your orange text box on the other hand seems to get covered by some element. This has nothing to do with the difference between 2017 and 2018 and the changed pinning behaviour, though.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, I tested some changes unpinning and they seemed correct but there are some other issues like the one with the orange box. It is a part of the master page and there is nothing covering it. You can see how it is above the logo and the preview alone is still incomplete.

I tested changing the size and position of the box, it is a composition by the way and it is a mess when previewing it, nothing looks like the design

muse20182.jpgmuse20183.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody will be able to fix this without having a look at a .muse file.

Could you please do the following:

• Delete all pages except the master and the page, shown in your screenshot above.
  • Delete all elements except those, which are visible in your last screenshot (this will accelerate analysing the file considerably).
  • Save this reduced document under a new name and share it with us using Dropbox, CC Files, or a similar file sharing service.
  • You may follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be sure, I would need a .muse. Just this page with only these elements.

Share it via dropbox or even better your CC-Folder.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time, here is the link to the reduced file

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your master I found some groups elements which caused other issues than mentioned in your post:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-23 um 20.43.41.png

I ungrouped these elements (the menu as well, as it seems not to be necessary?).

You also locked the header rectangle? What's the reason for this?

You also had some strange pinning at 480 – you should think about this:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-23 um 21.11.51.png

The "cookies" composition is pinned to browser in the right upper corner while the content of the composition was pinned to the left of the container.

Unfortunately I was not able to find out what happens on your master. Your issue appears on master as well.

Hopefully Günter Heißenbüttel​ gets back here and have a closer look.

To set the compositions container to resize in width helps a lot.

Same resizing set to text helps more.

Unfortunately this text box doesn't push down the "Accept" button as the composition shrinks.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that behavior on the menu groups and the strange part is that when previewing it, there is nothing wrong.

I put them in a group because it is easier for me to keep them aligned and try new locations, it is a new design.

I locked the header rectangle because I keep the menu always visible and it keeps the content behind it on larger pages when scrolling.

Also tried to unpin everything as you suggested before but as you saw, there is no explanation for that behaviour on the composition and

I don't understand why the same file has no problems on Muse 2017. I published a test here

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch this:  Adobe Creative Cloud

I was able to figure out that the container and the text, set to responsive width works quite well.

You should think about the "accept" button … I pinned it to the top right corner of the browser.

Like this everything is fine from a technical point of view, but …

Maybe it is "better" to stretch the composition to browser width?

But this is of course the designers choice .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this only for the first three breakpoints, though.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only a few words concerning the problem with orange composition on the master page:

There are some very different issues:

• Maybe, there happened a conversion glitch from the old to the new version: If you copy the composition onto a newly created document, and modify the pinning a little bit, all works as expected.
  • The pinning behaviour of elements – especially of elements within a „container“ – was fundamentally revised in the new version and may cause layout glitches. These modifications have been unavoidable, because now widgets like state buttons, compositions, slide shows and forms are completely responsive, and pinning has to take into account every single widget component and the relative position to each other component. To learn more about the new pinning behaviour, please have a look at this video:

• This modified pinning behaviour causes most of the issues in your original document. If you revise pinning and/or make the elements responsive, all works better. See .muse file "BG Test 2018_1.muse"
  • The document "BG Test 2018_2.muse“ shows, how the composition is working in a new document: The first one on this page is copied from your document and all elements are fixed, the second composition is completely fluid. Both are working as expected.
  • But there is on more problem, if the composition is responsive: The „Aceptar“ button will not be pushed down by the expanding text. Why? Because it is not a simple text frame or button, which is placed into the target, but it is the modified „Close“ box of the composition widget. And the „Close“ box can’t be „content" of the target. For the time being it is evidently not possible for widget components (Close box, captions, „Next“ button, …, …) to move synchronously to the target/hero widget parts, when they are overlapping the target/hero. This is equally true for slide shows and compositions.

The „technical“ problem behind this behaviour seems to be the following:

• If I have a normal responsive image and a text box is overlapping this image, both elements won’t move synchronously as well, when the browser window is resized. But in this case we can tell Muse, what should happen, by placing an empty image frame as a „guiding frame" above the image and group it with the text frame. Now all works as expected,  image and text move synchronously. In this screenshot I coloured the „guiding frame“ semitransparent white to show, what I mean:

• In a slide show widget or a composition this technique isn’t applicable, because grouping of widget components isn’t possible. In consequence for your layout, you should make sure, that the „Close“ button is placed below the composition target – just as you can see in my sample files.

Here you find the two .muse file, I was talking about: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d65mzwblmmdp2fo/bowser_brawl.zip?dl=0

My god, this is quite complicated to explain for a non-native-English-spekaer. I hope, you find your way through this answer anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the time and effort to help, It was in fact a glitch on the conversion.

I tried before to put a new composition on the same document and the result was the same but now as you suggested, I tried it in a new document and seems to work fine. Now I just have to place all the content in the new one but the problem is solved.

Thank you fotoroeder and Günter Heißenbüttel, greetings from you new amigo in Mexico

Omar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To my friends on the Adobe Muse team.  I'm a big fan of Adobe Muse.  And I rely on your thorough testing of an update before you push it live.  But once again. Muse 2018 has created numerous positioning problems with my sites that I built in 2017.1.  The automatic scrolling feature had to be turned to always scrolling for each page.  My native Muse mobile menu is pushing down content.  Various responsive glitches arose.  Sure, I found workarounds, but it has taken days to get this done.  In the meantime, our corporate site has suffered.  What has happened with your testing regime?  It is clearly broken.  I assume your mother company does realize that if developers like me cannot rely on Adobe to push through updates that don't wreck our websites, we'll cease to use your products.  Please communicate my dissatisfaction to your corporate team.  I would truly appreciate a greater attention to detail before updating your software.   Thanks much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines