• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse and Edge Web Fonts

Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MODERATOR'S UPDATE: 2/27/2022

Effective July 2022, Adobe Edge Fonts will be discontinued.

Please switch over to Adobe Fonts or other suitable font replacement.

==========

Hi guys,

I hope you can please advise and help me. I used to use Adobe Muse and am now looking to cancel my adobe creative cloud membership.

Currently I found on various forums that if I cancel then any Typekit fonts used will default to the browsers default font. I've also found information that the best option is to change all fonts in an adobe muse website to 'Edge Web Fonts' as these are totally free and will continue to work on a website without a creative cloud subscription, is this correct?

I've attached a screenshot and circled Edge Web Fonts which I believe are totally free? could you please confirm if I can use these fonts that they are totally free and will work on a website without a creative cloud subscription?

So my three questions are:

1. What will happen to fonts in adobe muse that are Typekit fonts when I cancel?

2. If I use Edge Web Fonts in Adobe Muse are they totally free?

3. If I use Edge Web Fonts in Adobe Muse will they continue to work after I cancel my creative cloud subscription?

From the below forum it looks as though the best option is to change all Typekit fonts over to Edge Web Fonts in Adobe Muse but again please can you confirm this for me.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2437626http://Screenshot 2019-06-30 at 11.49.53.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, TypeKit (or its newer version „Adobe Fonts“) require an active subscription, whereas „Edge Font“ will stay free, even after cancelling an existing subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Gunter for your speedy response. Where I've circled in red around edge web fonts, are these the free ones to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont' forget about Google Fonts -- always free with  a big selection of font-families.

Google Fonts

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe‘s Edge fonts are a subset of Google‘s web fonts and – this is very important – usable instantly with Muse without any efforts and code juggling.

And yes: You may use the fonts within the Edge collection for free and without a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having trouble removing a Typekit font from Adobe Muse as I simply cannot locate it. If I don’t remove Typekit fonts from a Muse site will they simply Turn off when I cancel my subscription? Liz or anyone at Adobe can you advise as I’ve tried calling and chatting online to Adobe staff and quite honestly none of them have anything useful to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excuse me, that I am not Liz or „anyone at Adobe“. If you don’t want to read this – simply don’t and write a person message to Liz.

Otherwise: The TypeKit fonts will revert to default, when they aren’t backed up by a subscription.

It is quite difficult to replace a Typekit font under the condition of an active subscription, because (a) it is auto-activated, when needed as long as a subscription exists and (b) you can’t edit your .muse file, when you (temporarily) sign out from CC subscription.

This is one reason, why you should always(!) use character/paragraph styles in Muse. Then you can simply assign a different font to the style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines