Highlighted

Adobe Muse and Windows Server. UTF-8 encoding problem via FTP upload.

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. We updated Adobe Muse to latest version and now here is the problem with non-latin filenames when we try to publish website via FTP onto Windows Server (2012, 2016). All non-english filenames (like cyrillic, chinese) are screwed up.

c_f_n.jpg

Meanwhile FTP server settings allow UTF-8 filenames:

1121.jpg

I read many topics and all answers are about "Its server side issue, fix server side settings etc, Adobe Muse has no FTP-settings at all". But there are no problems with any other FTP-clients. Meanwhile older version of Adobe Muse had no such problems. Please, help. Thank you.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Ussnorway | Most Valuable Participant

you are correct that this is not a Muse issue... it does have ftp but I assume you exported your site as HTML first so this could be a language system issue

Install Adobe Muse version 2017.0.4 and 2017.0.2

you say older versions of Muse worked on your server so I would just go back to them for a few months because Muse is end of life (and server 2012 eol is fast approaching) so its most likly that whatever kept this software setup going last year has now been switched off.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Muse and Windows Server. UTF-8 encoding problem via FTP upload.

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. We updated Adobe Muse to latest version and now here is the problem with non-latin filenames when we try to publish website via FTP onto Windows Server (2012, 2016). All non-english filenames (like cyrillic, chinese) are screwed up.

c_f_n.jpg

Meanwhile FTP server settings allow UTF-8 filenames:

1121.jpg

I read many topics and all answers are about "Its server side issue, fix server side settings etc, Adobe Muse has no FTP-settings at all". But there are no problems with any other FTP-clients. Meanwhile older version of Adobe Muse had no such problems. Please, help. Thank you.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Ussnorway | Most Valuable Participant

you are correct that this is not a Muse issue... it does have ftp but I assume you exported your site as HTML first so this could be a language system issue

you say older versions of Muse worked on your server so I would just go back to them for a few months because Muse is end of life (and server 2012 eol is fast approaching) so its most likly that whatever kept this software setup going last year has now been switched off.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 14, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2018 1