• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse BC publishing to paid site does not work

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I am aware of EOL regarding BC and Muse. But i still manage a few sites that will be migrated to other hosting platforms in the following months.

I just wanted to upload a few (urgent) changes on a clients webpage but in the process of publishing Muse puts out an error message "Business Catalyst-Hosting is no longer supported. Click here to....."

I am confused. Paid sites should be updatable for now right?

It would be amazing if someone could help me out asap.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can no longer post NEW websites on BC, which is what you get that error from

if you have a paid BC site then yes you can keep editing it and the other option is to add a sub-domain i.e, point to a published site from the dropdown list then add a folder name "landingpage" in this example... the result will be a sub site

note all data limits for sub sites come off the main sites allowence... BC doesn't cap data on payed sites so most of the time this doesn't matter

example = http://musebetatest.businesscatalyst.com/landingpage/index.html

Screenshot (2388).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the reply. See that's the strange thing. Its not a new site. Actually its a site that has been published since 2014 (BC paid).  I know that new sites can no longer be published, but the one I wasn't able to update was an existing one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BC is working fine as you can see by the link and screengrab I posted

the error is what Muse says if you try to publish a new site;

1. check the location you are trying to publish too is one of your stored, the dropdown list i.e, black arrow on my screengrab
  2. if the site is not in that list then check that you are signed into the correct Adobe account with the same ID as was used to publish it before
  3. lasty check that the version of Muse is the same or newer as was used to publish before... if these 3 steps don't work then give us the site url and I'll ask Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines