Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse CC 2015.2 and 2017 slow to load first page, shows white screen

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am having an issue with one of my sites which i have been trying to figure out for the last couple of days.

When I try to load the site i get a blank white screen and nothing else.

I have removed all widgets, deleted all files from the server and republished, removed any analytics code from the headers and i am still having this issue.

I spoke to bluehost and they have suggested there is an issue with the code but as Adobe Muse is self coding its difficult to work out what the issue is.

The other pages within the site seem to load fine but the home page itself does not.

The problem start in version 2015.2 and still the same in version 2017.

A lot people have the same problem in other post in forum:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2183772

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Cadu

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

I have the same problem, but I have just found some kind of solution:

1) Go to Master page

2) Open Page properties

3) In Metadata tab paste this code:

<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js"></script>

<style type="text/css">

body {

visibility: visible !important;

}

</style>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but I have just found some kind of solution:

1) Go to Master page

2) Open Page properties

3) In Metadata tab paste this code:

<style type="text/css">

body {

}

</style>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Made that:

<style type="text/css">

body {

}

</style>

But now only load fast the "fonts / texts"

Not the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At last, a fix that works!

Have had this issue for ages and eventually had to discard javascripts until I tired this. Great fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preranankushr40215001​ (I am directing this to you because I am assuming that you are part of the new Bangalore team)

I just spent 2 days trying to figure out why I had 1 page go from loading in 1.5sec or so to 10-11sec with that background color flash after updating the site from 2015 to 2017. Absolute madness. I originally assumed that it was something that google had changed in their map code as I had about 30 google maps in profiles that had originally been created with embed code (before the widget was available). I went in and rebuilt all 30 maps using the official muse widget thinking that would do it. That brought my load time down to 6-7sec from 10-11sec. an improvement for sure, but way too long for anyone to wait to see if that page would load.

I eventually came across this page and after “what the hell”, I added the mentioned code to the master header:

<style type="text/css">

body {

}

</style>

<p

immediately, the load time went back to nearly the old 1.5-2 sec load. this is very important for the new team to look at and fix. I spent hundreds of dollars in unbillable time trying to fix this and this is for one site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, after further review. the page is not as zippy as it was originally with the header code, but it is much faster than without and at least everything else but the google maps loads fast so that it appears to be loading quickly. you can see the difference here (for at least the next day or so before I change something):

Muse 2017 without the header code: WINERIES/VINEYARDS  |  Columbia Gorge Wine Country

Muse 2017 with the header code: WINERIES/VINEYARDS  |  Columbia Gorge Wine Country

I wish that I could show you the 2015 version of the page. the whole thing loaded FAST.

[Edited because I had inadvertently posted the “without header code” url incorrectly. it it fixed now to show without the added header code]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cadu wyda wrote:

I spoke to bluehost and they have suggested there is an issue with the code but as Adobe Muse is self coding its difficult to work out what the issue is.

Bluehost is a wordpress server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update about this? I'm having the same issue since CC 2015.2 my sites take a lot of time to load with a white screen, this was not happening in previous versions, I tried the code Ussnorway said but don't works for me, some texts (menu) takes a lot of time to load

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

romanop10778534 wrote:

Any update about this? I'm having the same issue since CC 2015.2 my sites take a lot of time to load with a white screen, this was not happening in previous versions, I tried the code Ussnorway said but don't works for me, some texts (menu) takes a lot of time to load

I didn't post any code but just pointed out that his host server is wordpress so the work around would be to pick another non-wordpress server to host the muse site on or make the site with word press.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you're right, the code was supplied by the other guy sadly it didn't worked, I'm not using BlueHosting but my site was working fast and since the CC 2015.2 update it takes a lot of time to load the same problem OP has, I don't believe this problem is related with hosting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this can not be correct. Only if the Muse team will return everything as was in 2015.1. Asynchronous loading technology to achieve fast page loading speed applied since 2015.2 led to directly opposite results and many other problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke with Adobe via chat yesterday about this Muse issue. He acknowledged the flashing between page clicks and asked for my Muse file to diagnose. After nearly 30 minutes on the chat and looking at the file, everything in his mind was in normal operating condition and said that most websites do this. He sent me a Yahoo UK link: Yahoo UK & Ireland Finance - FTSE, Stock Exchange, Mortgages, Loans & More  where the top nav has heavy load time between page clicks.  I'm on the fence about investing a lot of time into this application if simple things like this revert and get buggy, but hope they improve this and add clean URLs as an option without having to mess with the htaccess files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not surprised he told you that, but the thing I have saved my old export files I compared those with the exported files of the newest version of Muse and the difference is abysmal, the old one loads almost instantly and the new one gets a blank screen, and after a while it finally loads, adding the code:

<style type="text/css">

body {

}

</style>

in the meta of the master page, helps to load the site faster, but other things keep taking their time to load, even in Local! this is not a webhost issue, something happened in the latest versions of Muse that is making sites slower

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the code! I told him about this exact code that helped the situation but not entirely. He didn't really respond to the fact that users are trying to fix it on the forums as I would send him the links to these forum posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the code on master page helps, but everything in the website with scroll efects still slow.

I dont know why.

What mode of Muse, you use? Fluid or Fixed?

Only in Adobe Muse CC 2015.1 I dont have problens, the website load fast without white blank screen.

Somebody can help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Fixed in my case the code on master page helps a little, but my menu still very slow to load, this was not happening with older versions of Muse, this issue needs to be addressed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue still with no solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no word from the Muse team yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For all those of you that are facing this issue, I suggest getting in touch with Adobe Customer Care for help Contact Customer Care

They can investigate your files and let you know what the issue is.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I have suport in forum only.
A lot people have the same problem, i think that is Adobe Muse "BUG".

You can check in:

Blank white screen on loading of a Muse site

Old BUG of Adobe Muse.

We need help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cadu wyda написал(а):

i think that is Adobe Muse "BUG".

This is not a bug. This code "improvement" that the Muse team made a conscious Read my post above. No one can help you. If only in the next release will return everything, in the place as it was before CC 2015.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any News?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing, not a word from the adobe team

This obviously is not being caused by a third party widget as ankushr40215001 says, I've tested it in a new site with Zero 3rd party widgets and the problem still there, unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was working on a site for a couple days with no problems. Then I work on it the third day and upload, suddenly I'm getting the white page. I tried a manual ftp, still white. I try again and now I get the files missing message, so I re-launch Muse and a message pops up about start free trial! I check the CC app and everything says start trial! I check my account and it's fine so I re-start the computer, open Muse, this time no pop-up so I re-upload the site and boom it woks fine. I'm on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

As advised in this thread by staff member Praran, I contacted Support, where the guy clearly had never heard about this issue ever before. We spent the better part of an hour before he understood the issue. He then got remote access to my computer, looked at the files, and declared it to work perfectly.

Any problem must be something external, like maybe a widget, he said.

So officially, there is no bug, no problem. (Except, of course, that I still get the white screen of death.)

I think it is very poor that Adobe clearly is not taking this issue seriously. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines