• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse CC 2018 quit unexpectedly.

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solutions? I repeatedly unistalled, restarted, and installed.

Still "Adobe Muse CC 2018 quit unexpectedly."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello robbiebarnes,

Many apologies to find you in this trouble.

However, let me help you get rid of this issue.

Could you please tell me the action you perform which triggers the crash?

Also, if it happens to any one particular file or any new file on your which you work on?

In case this happens with any one particular file, please share so we can investigate and try fixing it.

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652 and send the link to me in a private message.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message".

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine quits after starting, without any file open.

I'm on a 2013 MacPro / Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you also locate the muselogs.txt in the program folder and share it with me?

Instead of pasting the whole content here, just share the file using any service Dropbox.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me Ankush,

I have found the Muselog.txt file and searched for the word dropbox - nothing returned.

Would you like me to paster the whole log file text

Thanks Zoe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please, you can share the whole text file.

That will be helpful.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What email do I send a dropbox link to?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the logs file with em on ankrao(at)adobe(dot)com

Regards,

Ankush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue, I erase everything adobe from my Mac, restarted, reinstalled and the app keeps crashing. I am not trying to open the app through a file, I try to start directly from the applications folder to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad to hear Chely. In my case I gave up, and reinstalled the older version. Didn't try the 2018 version again. I have to update my system to use XD, so maybe after having done that, I'll try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

If you would like to rule out any conflict happening due to any other service running in background, try rebooting your Mac in safe mode. -Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support​​

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I erased everything related to adobe from my computer, and it didn't work.

Before I delete anything I also did the safe boot, it didn't work.

I reinstalled everything again.

Eventually I notice that when I turn off wifi (I don't have an ethernet wire, if you do, disconnect it) Muse launches without problems, after that I turn on my wifi again without any problems.

So, my guess is that the problem is related to some initial connection failing causing the program to abort. (probably some missing or incorrect adobe embedded license)

I hope that this helps someone and Adobe also to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am having the same problem and I have had it on previous versions of Adobe too.  Randomly one of the numerous times I have uninstalled, installed, opened multiple times it actually opens and I don't shut my computer down for a while.

I have tried a number of solutions that have been suggested on this forum going back to 2015 and none of them have worked for me.

This seems to be a recurring problem regardless of the version of Adobe Muse.

When I run a stack trace (which was one of the suggestions) the end message returns this:

=================================================================

Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates

a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries

used by your application.

=================================================================

Process 720 detached

(lldb) Abort trap: 6

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey zoeb,

Can you please locate muselogs.txt in our program folder and share it with me?

Instead of pasting the whole content here, just share the file using any service Dropbox.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. The kicker for me seems to be when I click on the font drop down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried restarting in safe mode but came across the same problem. When I try to use the font drop down it quits and tells me there is a menu overlay issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also get the TWFS/populatevariations error #1009

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried restarting in Safe Mode and the problem continues, I tried turning off Wifi and it's still happening. I tried reinstalling Muse, same problem.

Before the problem occured I had downloaded new web fonts from Adobe because the one I had been using was no longer accepted. Everything was fine, I was able to adjust the font in my master menu, When I try to change the font on my pages I get the Muse unexpectedly quit notification when I try to open the font menu. It says no overlay menu. I tried doing the same thing on my master page and the menu dropped down fine. From what I can tell I am able to use Muse as usual other than the font menu. I have used other drop downs in the top toolbar without issues. I am wondering if one of the fonts I downloaded is corrupt, but I don't know why that would only affect certain pages.

I have removed the webfonts I added and still get the problem.

I would love a solution to this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi justink,

If it works in some pages and not in others means an issue could with your particular Muse project.

We can however check this out, if you can reduce your site to the problem causing pages, and send it across me Via Dropbox or Creative Cloud link will be very helpful.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I send specific pages to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really might be difficult in your case to send specific pages.

If you open your file and it doesn`t close right after opening, you could delete al pages which do not "close unexpected".

Save this file with a new name and share it via dropbox or CC.

If you want to share it only with ankushr40215001​ (what I recommend in your case), just send him a private Message, clicking his avatar you get to see this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-22 um 07.34.41.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to narrow down the malfunctioning pages and have found it to be on every page. The only time I don't run into the problem is when I am adjusting the font in the master menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then will have to look into your file, you can simply send your complete project with me in private and I shall have a look at it.

For sharing the project please refer to the above comments by Uwe.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fortunately, your file works well at my end!

So there's nothing wrong with the file, however, something in your system or Muse configuration is corrupted.

Can you try to remove the fonts which you have downloaded and see if it works?

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and it didn't help. I have gone back to using the 2017 version without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines