• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse CC with new responsive features

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need to know which version of Adobe Muse CC has introduced new responsive features.
I’m referring to the breakpoint bar.
I'm testing Muse 2014 and it doesn't have the breakpoint bar.
Please help.
Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Adobe Muse introduced its free-form responsive approach in version CC 2015.1 (February 2016).

There has been (and still is) an older way of making a website responsive, by creating separate sitemaps and page designs for desktop, tablet, and mobile (Alternative Layouts). Personally, I still prefer this method, but most users didn't regard this as a useful or good enough feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now version 2017.1

Do you "use" the CC FULL SUBSCRIPTION?

Then you can use Muse whichever version you like. I guess it was 2015, starting with responsiveness?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure at the moment if 2014 has the responsive feature as well, did you have a look to this?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-18 um 08.23.13.png

Of course you must translate this into your language.

With 2015 or 2017 some of those widgets form Muse got fluid responsive, I guess.

But, as already mentioned, not sure if 2014 supports responsive Breakpoints.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here a link, from where you can link to the feature lists of former Muse versions: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/using/whats-new-cc-2016-2017.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Muse introduced its free-form responsive approach in version CC 2015.1 (February 2016).

There has been (and still is) an older way of making a website responsive, by creating separate sitemaps and page designs for desktop, tablet, and mobile (Alternative Layouts). Personally, I still prefer this method, but most users didn't regard this as a useful or good enough feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn`t that punished by google in the meantime?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Owww, Google...

They also announced that websites which wouldn't use GoogleAMP were going to get lesser ranking.

And besides that, Muse definitely writes a meta name="viewport" into these pages. So that's covered...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded the trial version of Adobe Muse CC 2015.2 and it has the breakpoint bar.

So thank you all for the information supplied; now I can crate my new responsive website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Giambattista+Marcucci  wrote

I have just downloaded the trial version of Adobe Muse CC 2015.2 and it has the breakpoint bar.

So thank you all for the information supplied; now I can crate my new responsive website.

I hate to the be the bad messenger here but Muse is End of Life.  If I were you, I would not invest any money in it.  Muse has very little future left.  

If you want to build responsive websites, there are other web authoring tools to consider.

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Just thought you should know....

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your suggestion.
At this point I feel really confuse.
Please bear in mind that the website I would like to create is extremely simple.
Why the end of service of Adobe Muse CC 2015.2 impacts negatively my project?
Will they stop renewing annual subscriptions after 2020?
Hence I will not longer be able to update my website with new contents?
Once my simple website works correctly, what ever can happen?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you first explain why you're using an older version ? Old hardware and/or system incompatibility ?

Muse improved the responsive feature a lot in later versions (which was definitely necessary).

So if you're not worried about not being able to use any more recent versions, then why would you be worried about even newer versions ? Your website(s) will continue to work for as long as the web doesn't change its fundamental technologies. But you won't be able to benefit from newer technologies either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, thank you for your reply.

I use Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks which is compatible with Adobe Muse CC 2015.2.

I'm planning to install OS X 10.11 El Captain in order to test Muse 2017.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The web is constantly changing. Nobody can predict how long any website will keep working without updated code.   Some sites will probably last longer than others. 

Muse comes with a Full Apps Creative Cloud  plan.  It is not sold separately.  I do not know what Adobe plans to do with Muse after 2020.

If you want to build a responsive website, have a look at Bootstrap Studio. 

https://bootstrapstudio.io/   It's the nearest thing to drag & drop static web design as you're likely to find.  And the code it creates is native HTML, CSS and Javascript which can be opened in any code editor you like.  MU files can only be opened in Muse.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks so much for your suggestion: I will definitely give a try to Bootstrap Studio.

It seems the most reliable alternative to Adobe Muse CC.

At the same time I would like to keep testing both Muse 2015.2 and 2017.

Again thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines