• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse Contact Form Messages Not Getting To Zoho Mail

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered an issue with Adobe Muse contact forms and having spent 45 minutes speaking to Muse technical support who have concluded that the issue lies with Zoho Mail, Adobe believes Zoho is blocking Muse contact form submissions. Adobe demonstrated it working fine on other platforms like gmail, outlook mail, roundcube. However Zoho.eu finds no issue on their end and the email address hosted by them is receiving mail from roundcube, gmail. outlook mail, jotform etc without any issues and they have suggested getting hold of the smtp out logs from muse for the contact form... I have asked Adobe for these but it seems a bit difficult.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Well, I solved my own problem. I don't know if it will help anyone else, but I logged into my cpanel for my website host and changed my mail exchange settings from local to remote. I am now receiving my Muse forms in Zoho. It looks a little strange because they are to your email from your email, so they are showing up as from "Me", but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grantdj,

Sorry that I don't have too much knowledge about Zoho mail, so can you please help with some basic questions?

1) Is Zoho your hosting provider as well?

2) So they work on SMTP based email system?

Moreover, Muse uses sendmail function in PHP for the contact form. To use SMTP, I suggest using a third-party widget like Jotform. https://musewidgets.com/products/jotform-widget

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush

Thanks for your reply.

To answer your questions:

1) no zoho only host the emails

2) zoho uses imap and exchange

I simply want muse form submissions to go to “email@mydomain.com”, the email happens to be hosted by zoho but the domain is the same as the ftp domain. Am just being overly simplistic in thinking muse would just forward the contact to the email address I enter into the form setup.

The main attraction using muse forms is that unlike jotform there is no 3rd party branding or additional fees. So jotform is a less than ideal solution, I suppose I naïvely assumed it would just send to the designated email address as long as it matched the ftp domain without complicated issues.

Thanks again

Grant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and am using Zoho as a third-party mail server. My website is hosted through Bluehost but my MX records only point to Zoho. I don't receive any mail to Bluehost because of this and everything is migrated to Zoho. I haven't had any other issues until I set up forms on Muse. None of my Muse forms were showing up in my Zoho inbox, so I logged into Bluehost and there they were... in my mailbox with no other mail. What I am thinking is that Muse forms sends via mail.domain.com, which typically is your web host's mail server. I wish I knew a way around this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I solved my own problem. I don't know if it will help anyone else, but I logged into my cpanel for my website host and changed my mail exchange settings from local to remote. I am now receiving my Muse forms in Zoho. It looks a little strange because they are to your email from your email, so they are showing up as from "Me", but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fyi Microsoft Exchange got a new release about 4 months ago that changed most of the back end code and brings the old systems into line with the modern world

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same issue. Everything was working fine with my Zoho mail and all of the sudden my clients weren't able to receive emails via muse form. The issue started about a week ago and I have been tying to figure this out since. I spent a few hours on the phone with Zoho and Godaddy trying to troubleshoot the issue but both parties said that everything is fine on their side and they recommended contact adobe.

I also get the 3 green arrows saying that it's working fine when diagnosing php version, mail configuration and spam control.

Please let let me know if you need my muse document to investgate the issue further? One of the websites I am having the issue is www.lateapexss.com

Please advise how to fix this.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All Adobe said was "We apologize for the inconvenience muse contact form does not work on smtp connection. I would suggest you to use any third party contact form in your muse site which works with smtp."  - I suppose SMTP is not a very common email comms method which is why the Muse developers didn't think it was worth putting the coding time for it in the PHP backend to support it.

Thanks to Laurenj10549023 for solving the issue. I can live with "Me" on the email, its the form content which has the contact name that matters anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines