• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse 'Contact' page missing after FTP upload

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just transferred a Muse site from Business Catalyst to Register.com (Web.com).  The site was working fine in BC but now that I've uploaded it via FTP, my 'Contact' page is missing. Here is the following message:

----------------------------------------------------------

404: Page not found

This error is generated when there was no web page with the name you specified at the web site.

Troubleshooting suggestions:

Ensure the page you are linking to exists in the correct folder.

Check your file name for case sensitivity . Index.htm is not the same as index.htm!

Temporarily disable any rewrite rules by renaming your .ht.access file if it exists.

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm really lost here and don't even have an idea where to start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The website is hartworkscg.com.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Hey guys,

I really appreciate the suggestions. Along with my many other attempts at trying to figure this out, your suggestions were not the solution either, unfortunately.

However, I did find the solution. It resided in Muse's 'Content Tags'. When I was combing through page-by-page to find if there were any differences between each. Specifically, something that might mimic .PHP because I briefly noticed it during the site uploading process. My contact pages were the only pages using this "link",

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Did you upload your site via Muse’s built in  „Publish …“ command?
  2. If you click onto „Contact“ the browser searches a page named "contact-hartworks-creative-group.html“. Do you have a page with excatly this file name(!!) in Muse’s desktop, tablet and phone site plan?
  3. If you use the command „Export As HTML“ in the „File“ menu, do you find a file named "contact-hartworks-creative-group.html“ in your output files (it should be there 3 times, because your site contains 3 versions (desktop, tablet, phone).
  4. If you use an FTP application to inspect the files on „Register.com“, do you find this HTML file there?
  5. Is the site excluded from export (you see this at the light grey triangle in the upper right corner of the page icon in plan view.)

Screen.jpg

You can include the page to export by right clocking onto the page icon and choose „Export Page“.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DSheeley,

There can be multiple reasons for getting error 404 while accessing the site in a browser.

1. The particular page is not exported when used an external FTP client.
  2. Some mismatch in name of that page.

Please refer to below threads where the same issue has been discussed and resolved in past.

The solution mentioned in above threads are expected to be the one for your case as well.

In case they don't  work for you please let us know so we can take it further.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey guys,

I really appreciate the suggestions. Along with my many other attempts at trying to figure this out, your suggestions were not the solution either, unfortunately.

However, I did find the solution. It resided in Muse's 'Content Tags'. When I was combing through page-by-page to find if there were any differences between each. Specifically, something that might mimic .PHP because I briefly noticed it during the site uploading process. My contact pages were the only pages using this "link", for lack of better terminology. I removed the content tags, republished uploading everything and viola, contact page up. Now I can focus on site clean-up.

Thank again for the suggestions, though. It helped me to think out-of-the-sandbox and work out the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines