• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse - e-mails from contact form always marked as spam.

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,
I made my page using Adobe Muse and I have problems with contact forms.
All the eamilsgoing thought are marked as spam I have contacted my host provider and they told me that:

"We noticed from the bounce back message that you've posted in your screenshots, that your messages are acquiring 7.1 SPAM points from 7.0 allower. You can resolve this issue, by reviewing the 'PTS Rule Name' section and see which of those can be lowered. For example '2.0 Mime_header_ctype_only' :

You didn't set MIME type in your header - when sending html emails you must set it like this:

$headers .= 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n"; "

Any ideas what should I do with that? Did anybody had a similar problem ?
Thanks a lot.
Zuzanna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your contact form processing script is outdated.  I assume you're not an experienced  PHP coder.  If you were, you probably wouldn't be using Muse, right?  So replace the contact form you have now with one from Wufoo.com.  Embed the wufoo.code into your Muse pages.  Wuffoo forms are processed on their servers, not yours.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. is the form sending spam? it doesn't really matter what php code is used if people getting your forms are telling their spam filters to block it then nothing you do at code level will stop that

2 php forms are coming from your host server i.e, not Muse... you can try other 3rd party email systems as Nancy points out and see if one of those is a better fit for your site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

it doesn't really matter what php code is used if people getting your forms are telling their spam filters to block it then nothing you do at code level will stop that

Scripts do matter.  If the e-mail headers are not properly  set-up, any e-mails sent from the server will be flagged as spam & rejected by G-mail, Hotmail and many others.   I have experienced bounced back emails first hand and it's no fun to sort  out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your replys. Yes, that is true I am not advanced coder, I  am just learing how to move beteen code lines.  To be honest I would rater avioid using third parties for the contact forms. Can I manualy update the code of the contact form?  Do you know how I can do it ? My page https://nomadsathome.eu/contact.html .

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zuzanna  wrote

Can I manualy update the code of the contact form? 

you don't host on Adobe BC so the answer is no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

zuzanna  wrote

To be honest I would rather avoid using third parties for the contact forms.

Why?  Even experienced PHP coders have trouble sending e-mails these days.  Owing to spam & phishing abuses, sending mail is immensely more complicated than it used to be.   I can direct you to a PHP mail sending library that you install on your server.  But if you can't work with HTML and PHP code outside Muse,  I fear it's all a bit over your head.

GitHub - PHPMailer/PHPMailer: The classic email sending library for PHP

Using a 3rd party service relieves most of the  headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines