• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For those of you that haven't received the email around the Adobe Muse EOL, see the FAQ Product Announcement that tries to answer some the common questions around the announcement including the reasons behind the decision.

Before we proceed with discussing alternatives, the Muse application will continue to open on your computer. You will be able to continue to edit existing or create new websites with the application. Adobe Muse will continue to be supported until May 20, 2019 and will deliver compatibility updates with the Mac and Windows OS or fix any bugs that might crop up when publishing Muse sites to the web. However, it is quite possible that web standards and browsers will continue to change after Adobe stops support for the application.

While there is no 1:1 replacement for Adobe Muse at this stage, the FAQ link above provides some alternatives. Also, Adobe is making our own investment in DIY website creation and welcomes all Muse customers to join our upcoming pre-release program for a new format that will be introduced this year as part of Adobe Spark. Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

That being said, I would like to open up this discussion for discussing other solutions and migration paths. It would be ideal if we could focus our efforts on the topic at hand.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 2432 Replies 2432
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please expound on the reasons for this decision to discontinue Muse? It was a product that many thousands of us had come to rely on, enjoy, and invest in. This came totally out of nowhere, and you've left a lot of people high and dry.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting a detailed explanation for why it was dropped, where it failed, what provisions you've made to address this audience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be fooled here. This is all about money. Adobe can't stand people building websites when they don't get a lick of the ice cream. Just exactly why they killed off DPS. They are killing Muse so they can create a Wix/Weebly service and charge you for it on a site by site basis. Can't wait when this happens to Photoshop. You are literally killing industries, business, and careers Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serif - now known as Affinity - make some outstanding stuff. It has been getting a lot of traction recently, winning several awards.

They have a photo editing suite and a vector drawing package already out. They a DTP solution coming this year too. The price is excellent and they are still quite a small company, listening to users. If we all keep asking for a web solution, maybe they will listen.

Adobe, think they are too big to fail...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I'm pretty annoyed by this decision, but I get it. Muse wasn't a super popular app and had its fair share of issues, so adobe had to make a decision. Now to the Spark alternative (which for anyone reading this, isn't released yet and ISNT the single page app known as spark page), it looks like that is going to be an browser based website designer similar to Squarespace, Weebly, etc. Im sure you can't talk specifics, but is that what we are looking at right now? And I know this is something you probably cant answer, but will we be forced to host those websites on Adobe servers?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The honest answer to that is that I don't know. I am checking with the Spark team to see if they can give me guidance. I will update this post if I get more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly a cunning way for Adobe to announce killing off a product that many customers use while indicating that doing so “adds value” to the customer when in fact it creates headaches. #boo #adobe

As Adobe continues to re-focus on developing products and solutions that provide our customers with the most value, we are now announcing the end of new feature development for Adobe Muse CC.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LMFAO. Preran are you censoring this thread because mine just got deleted. I guess Adobe also decided to discontinue Freedom of Speech?

Once again SPARK is absolutely NOT a F*&^ing alternative to Muse for anybody in this forum so don't post that. At best it's a preschool introduction to the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran is not in the business of censoring threads. Period. The Jive platform on which this site is hosted has its own rules and regulations around how posts get moderated. Nothing gets deleted, it just ends up for approval on the moderator's desktop.

I can understand that this is confusing, but the Spark solution is NOT the one page solution that exists today, It is a DIY website creation tool that may end up meeting the requirements of some Muse users. The product is not even Beta yet, and without having laid eyes on it, it is not possible to comment further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Penran SPARK, which I have been experimenting with for quite a while, has been out of Beta for quite a while. With SPARK You have absolutely no control (yet) over page layout and other important functions. Check your facts please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read me carefully : The new solution is separate and will be under the Spark umbrella. Other than the people developing it, no one has had a chance to test it as yet. See Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

Posted the wrong link earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is simply not good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Penran If that's the case the I apologize and respectfully I stand corrected. That being said don't you agree that Muse Users should be the first ones to beta test it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the link Preran sent, Spark will still be a single page site only. Not very helpful for those of us who need a little more info or e-commerce created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TeamDLS I think that link is not accurately describing what Penran is trying to describe. That's a link to the prevailing Spark page but Penran says there is another "Spark like" app in Alpha. I had no idea about this "alpha" development and maybe (don't count on it) this will be a cloud based replacement to Muse.

(dim) LIGHT BULB GOES OFF: I bet you dollars to donuts that is in fact why they are shelving Muse because they want all their apps to eventually be cloud based with no downloadable software so they can keep 100% control. I'm sure Photoshop, Premiere Pro and the others are being tested this way right now... 😕  {That will be the death blow}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to start a class action lawsuit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be a standalone desktop application that will generate HTML and files that end-users can control and upload?

Is this also going to charge $10/month just to "Replace the Adobe Spark logo with your own logo"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who are you marketing to. Why would you try to kill people's design business. Spark if and when it shows up is not a replacement for MUSE. I read this e mail this morning and have been beyond upset with Adobe and you raised your prices too!  Shame on you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peran, I just went over and tried Spark, no way does it even come close to muse. Basically it's, here's a title ad here's a picture. Blogger blows it out of the water.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could say this enough, but the Spark page available right now isn't the DIY solution that is under development. You will have to register for that over here. Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried it. It's not even as good as blogger. It's not going to help us at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need details about what Spark WILL DO Preran.

This should be simple enough to sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wouldn't trust any adobe product as a replacement for muse. they'll just do this again and we'll be in the same boat!  I'm going somewhere else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want to use the limited template-oriented features found in Squarespace or WordPress but prefer to give your money to Adobe instead?

Introducing Adobe Spark — Providing the bare minimum set of features with a platform we may very well discontinue in a few years if we feel like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you speak to the developers and ask them to use Muse as a basis for developing Spark?

It needs to be an offline tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why use and create a new version of Spark when you can (easily i think) merge the actual web exporting capacity from muse to Adobe XD? you can just create your web design in minutes in XD, then add some of the Muse options in and the possibility to export as a Html or to upload right in your web folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines