• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse for students

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I teach digital media at a community college. The introductory course has required Adobe Muse as the tool for developing student projects. I have found Muse very useful because students can send me their .muse files or the exported HTML for grading.

I understand Muse support is going to be dropped, but it is still a very good tool to introduce students to web development.

Unfortunately, it appears that Muse is not included in the student Adobe CC package. They have told me that they must pay extra. At my college a quarter of the students are homeless or food insecure. Requiring students to pay extra to get Muse is just additional burden. (As a teacher I get it as part of my package for free.) How can I get it included?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

I wouldn't be teaching Muse as it's a dead product. It doesn't really teach web development either...

I'd suggest using something like Visual Studio Code or Brackets for beginning web dev - alongside Photoshop or Xd to prototype and design. General suggestion - as I don't know the curriculum being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The "Student Adobe CC package" is different to the normal Adobe CC subscriptions? Has its a limited number of application? Because with the normal subscription you can still download and use Adobe Muse.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't be teaching Muse as it's a dead product. It doesn't really teach web development either...

I'd suggest using something like Visual Studio Code or Brackets for beginning web dev - alongside Photoshop or Xd to prototype and design. General suggestion - as I don't know the curriculum being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with Joseph.  Muse does not teach students the fundamental web skills they will need in the future -- HTML, CSS or JavaScript.  If you look at job postings on Behance, there is not one position that asks for experienced Muse user because Musers cannot work with code.    

Muse is EOL meaning it's no longer offered except to Full Apps plan subscribers and only if the CC Desktop Preferences are set to Show Older Apps.   See screenshot.   Use it if you must but I think Dreamweaver and W3Schools tutorials would be a lot more practical for students.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

juanitam42060522  wrote

I understand Muse support is going to be dropped,

no it has already been dropped! I have to agree teaching Muse to new students is irresponsable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines