• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse form sending to my personal e-mail.

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a website for a client using Adobe Muse and put their e-mail in the form field.  I am hosting through Business Catalyst.  It is delivering messages to the e-mail associated with my Adobe ID, and not to my clients e-mail.  What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

garrettj18415567  wrote

All I did was put their email (G-mail I think) into the Muse Form Widget.  The form submission I receive says it cannot send to that address so it's defaulting to me.

the default Muse form widget = you add your email + the clients email

Just the client email will give an error because the site is hosted by you and needs your email-linked to your id

if you have the client email added and its not getting to him then his email is blocking it... I don't have any G-mail accounts f

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• what kind of email did you set up?
  • you are hosting the site so Adobe bc sends the notice emails to you by default... you can add this client to that list or you can transfer the site to your client i.e, host it with their Adobe id

these are site email settings and you change them from the portal

Screenshot (600).png

basic email settings (from the default widget or some 3rd party tool) are different and you set them within the widget | code... it may just be that your client email address doesn't follow the rules or is blocking the emails from Adobe bc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I did was put their email (G-mail I think) into the Muse Form Widget.  The form submission I receive says it cannot send to that address so it's defaulting to me.

I did some experimenting with the Business Catalyst settings to create a new email address from the domain and discovered the bc web mail feature.  If I can't get the clients own e-mail to work, this would be second best.  However, I would prefer the form submission emails that are received this way not have my email as the sender.  I think it would confuse my client.  If I can't get the G-mail address to work, is there at least a way the form submissions won't come through with my name and email address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

garrettj18415567  wrote

the default Muse form widget = you add your email + the clients email

Just the client email will give an error because the site is hosted by you and needs your email-linked to your id

if you have the client email added and its not getting to him then his email is blocking it... I don't have any G-mail accounts for testing

garrettj18415567  wrote

If I can't get the G-mail address to work, is there at least a way the form submissions won't come through with my name and email address?

most 3rd party email systems can and if you use the web form system built into Adobe BC = yes

for example that beta form in my screenshot is one I made to teach people basic email... and sends notices to one of my phone accounts.

jo8lowgrysf7.png

v7k0omucoqrh.png

r6kt1dwz52aj.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines