Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse getting M. on mobile version

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've recently been instructed that, for Google's new changes in October 2017, sites now need M. on domains for the mobile versions to help be ranked in search engines. (this is also what i got sent: Google advice: Switch your m-dot domain to responsive before the mobile-first index rollout )

The website at hand is ckw-engineering.com and i wondered whether anyone knew how I can get the M. to appear on the mobile version?

This isn't a fluid/responsive website though. So i'm wondering whether this has something to do with it?

I don't think it's a matter of clicking a button to get it responsive though, and i'll need to restart, won't i? So simply to test that is a mess about that i don't want to do until i've asked someone who knows.

I'm not too clued up on things like this, so maybe i've not described this correctly or i'm trying to do the wrong thing.

Thanks!

Adam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Adam,

It's been advised to switch all the m.domains to responsive.

However in Muse the site use domain/phone or domain/tablet for a nonresponsive site to be detected by the relevant devices.

In the article which you have referred the m.domamin is just taken as a reference.

The main objective of Google's mobile-first indexing is that they want the sites to be fully responsive instead of having a separate phone layout.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

It's been advised to switch all the m.domains to responsive.

However in Muse the site use domain/phone or domain/tablet for a nonresponsive site to be detected by the relevant devices.

In the article which you have referred the m.domamin is just taken as a reference.

The main objective of Google's mobile-first indexing is that they want the sites to be fully responsive instead of having a separate phone layout.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ankush,

Thanks very much for your response. Really apprentice it and being so quick.

Sorry about my delay in getting back.

So, what would you say the solution to this would be?

Should I re-do this website as a responsive website?

Will then the mobile version register as an M.domain/mobile version though?

Thanks again!

Regards,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Adam,

Yes, you got the point!

You should start building the responsive version of your site and later get it registered accordingly.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines