• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse - I need a copy for my MAC!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just changed my computer and can no longer access Adobe Muse from my Creative Cloud APP. I realise that it has been discontinued and is no longer supported - however I need to download a copy onto my new MAC to enable me to maintain the hundreds of websites I have created for my clients over the past years. Without a copy of Muse I cannot help my clients and I am in serious trouble.

I am in a panic!

Hope someone can help.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I had never the issue of searching for older apps: there must be and thewre will be a button for something like: show olader apps -  or so. There you will find muse as well.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/can-i-still-download-muse/m-p/11637685?page=1

https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/back-office/m-p/11621971?page=1

https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/currently-is-there-is-any-way-to-get-muse-again-even-without-upd...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/monthly-subscription-adobe-muse/m-p/10129372?page=1

It might appear different from time to time - search for it and you will find it, I´m pretty sure

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...to maintain the hundreds of websites I have created for my clients over the past years."

===========

@Jonathan.Grimes,

You're already in trouble. Muse is end of life and should NOT be used for further site development.  It's time to rebuild your old Muse sites with other software as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, go to CC desktop app. Click on your Avatar (top right image) > Preferences.

Go to General > Settings and click the box to Show Older Versions.

If you don't see that box, you do not have a paid Creative Cloud ALL APPS plan.  Or you're on a Teams / Enterprise plan and you must contact your IT dept.  Your plan admin will need to create a Muse package for you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy,

I know I'm in trouble - however I have spent so much time designing so many sites in Muse!

I have the full plan - however still can't see the oler apps when I hit the toggle.

Just out of interest, which web design pacakage would you recommend? Thinking of WordPress so I can host the sites myself.

Thanks again for your help!

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you "have" a full plan and no Teams or Enterprise plan there is for sure the "show older apps but tricky to find. It is only in the Creative Cloud Preferences window, there look for "Applications" or "Apps" and there scroll down to the tiny little checkbox:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-17 um 17.19.15.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-05-17 um 17.19.38.png

Hope that helps,

Kind regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Does this mean you cannot "convert" or import a Muse file into any existing Adobe program (like XD?)

-Samantha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samantha, I am not Nancy but no, you cannot convert or import a .muse file to any existing Adobe or non Adobe program.

There is only muse to open a .muse file.

There is, as of my experience Pinegrow only to be able to download the html from an existing/published website in order to at least kind of work with an existing website as PG lets you import that html as a new project.

But this is of course not the best way to build websites but a workaround for editing exsiting sites, done with Muse ar any other app yet coded  websites as well (I know, finally all websites are coded).

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@samanthag42491367,

MU files are incompatible with everything except Muse. 

XD is a prototyping tool ONLY.   XD is not a site builder.  It does NOT generate any usable code.  XD is a glorified graphics app for designers to thrash out UI/UX  ideas and preview them to stakeholders and project managers.  When done, XD prototypes are handed off to skilled programmers who create the working app with real code  -- HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc...

If you have an old Muse project, your best option would be to start over with another web authoring app.  Which one, of course, depends on your coding skills and project requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotcha! Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problem! I click the "show older apps" however Muse is not there!!!

I have loads of websites that I need to maintain for my clients.

[Moderator branched and merged with original post.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get to download Muse - I'm having same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Drdog,

Do you have a paid individual subscription to the Creative Cloud ALL Apps plan?  You cannot get Muse without one because Muse is discontinued and no longer available for trial download or purchase. See screenshot below from Creative Cloud desktop app.

Creative Cloud Desktop SettingsCreative Cloud Desktop Settings

Discontinued ProductsDiscontinued Products

Teams & Enterprise plan holders must contact their IT dept.  Ask your plan admin to create a special Muse package for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the full plan - spent ages chattin with Adobe and they said it could not be dowloaded as I'm on Big Sur and Muse hasn't been tested for that - said I needed to use an older Mac with an older operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse development ended before Big Sur released so was never tested on that platform.  But other mac users report that it works OK for them. 

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise and will give you with the incentive to migrate away from Muse onto modern web authoring software.

Good luck! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly no. I have the full paid plan but Muse is not showing.

To be honest I'm fed up with everyone saying its EOL etc. I know that - however I have Muse sites that need to be maintained. I don't have the time or budget to rebuild them!!!

Just out of interest, do you have an alternative? I'm thinking of WordPress.

Cheers

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jonathan.Grimes,

Did you check the box to Show Older Versions in your CC Desktop app?  And are you logged-in to your paid Creative Cloud all apps plan?

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click your Avatar (top right image) > Preferences > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar again.
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your paid ID and password.

Failing that, contact your Teams / Enterprise IT dept admin.  They will need to create a new Muse package for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for taking the extra time to respond - its really appreciated.

I did as you suggested but to no avail - Muse didn't appear.

Unfortunately as a sole trader business, I don't have a Teams / Enterprise IT department that I can turn to.

I did check my old PC - it shows Muse on that (as it is still installed) - however I have now migrated all my work over to my new Mac. Maybe I will have to keep it just for using Muse?

Thanks again.

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your computer user profile have full adminstrative level permissions to install software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it does - checked user profile - I have full admin rights.

I have just changed to MAC OS so still finding my way around - however have managed to downlaod and istall all other software - Adobe, Microsoft etc.

Seems crazy that the Creative Cloud App on my old PC is showing different options to the one on my MAC...

Thanks though for you continued help!

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly can't explain why you don't see Muse and Fireworks in your CC Desktop app (please refer to screenshots posted above on Jan 15)  unless 1) your computer can't support it or 2) you're not logged-in to your paid ALL APPS plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While WordPress is not at all like Adobe Muse, it it used for almost 40% of all websites so it's the most popular choice of any individual Content Management System (CMS). There are other options such as Squarespace, custom coding (more time consuming and expensive), or if you want something that's a bit more design oriented check out Webflow. It really depends on what the websites need to do.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to uninstall and re-install, wait 48 hours and finally, the toggle
worked. Good Luck. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines