• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse InBrowserEditing can't read "Muse CC Manifest" file. PLEASE HELP!

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I just published a muse site via "publish to FTP". My hosting provider is not Business Catalyst, but Muse publishes just fine. In the past, this very site worked just fine (also the inbrowserediting). After my latest changes (just re shuffling some texts/images), I noticed, that when trying to access inbrowserediting, I get the error message:

There was an issue reading the Adobe Muse CC manifest file for the site

The site itself works just fine: www.darkest-dreams.com - I already tried publishing to a different folder on my host (and routing my domain to THAT). Still the error message. I know that my host recently migrated my space to a different server, but that should not have affected the functionality, right? I created a separate site (just a test page with an image and some text) and uploaded it and the in browser editing on THAT test-site works just fine, so the issue MUST be with the Adobe's inbrowserediting service.

Does anybody have any ideas? My client wants to edit her content and I am at my wit's end!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not publishing the site via the built-in "Publish" command?

The Muse manifest keeps track on every exported file to make sure, what is actual, what is outdated, what needs to be deleted and so on. If you are "shuffling some text/images" without exporting all necessary files – including the manifest file – issues have to be taken into account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter. Thanks for your response.

That's precisely what I did: I edited my muse site on my computer. Then I published using the regular "upload to ftp host" function (what you called the "built-in Publish" command) - (hoping that the manifest file does what it's designed to do), but I get a server error on the inbrowseredinting site. Do you have any ideas why I might get this error or how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still you are sure, that your provider didn`t change anything?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To try out if the problem lies with the provider, I set up an entirely new site with a new domain, published a simple site with a line of text and an image and the inbrowserediting works just fine. Therefore I can conclude, that the problem lies not with the provider.

It MUST be with Adobe's Inbrowserediting.

I publish a fresh copy of my existing darkest-dreams.com site (using the built-in uploader). The site uploads perfectly. It is online and works well. But the moment I try to do inbrowserediting, by going to https://inbrowserediting.adobe.com/ and entering the (correct) domain "darkest-dreams.com" I get the error that Adobe can't read/find the "Adobe Muse CC manifest".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try two – or better – three things (if you haven't already):

1. Upload the site again, by choosing "all files" (not "modified files").

2. Log into the web space directly and delete all files manually. Then upload the site again.

AND:

3. Log into https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/muse And load the newest prerelease version of Muse. (It installs alongside your actual Muse version and will not affect it).

Try to upload your site with this version ((there have been made some fixes concerning FTP upload).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it it is like that: use www.darkest-dreams.com

and it looks like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-02-07 um 13.49.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use only :  darkest-dreams.com  I have the same error like you have, no matter in which language.

(BTW- you are right, German for me is easier).

Tuts jetzt?

Grüße

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Uwe,

(und Hallo Günter),

keine Ahnung was jetzt anders war, aber eben hat's auf einmal funktioniert!!! Yay!

Hatte in den letzten Tagen schon einige Male den Ordner auf dem Server komplett geleert und frisch (alle Dateien) neu hochgeladen. Hatte jetzt mal den Browser-cache geleert (hatte ich eigentlich auch schon vorgestern versucht gehabt), aber plötzlich hat's funktioniert!

Super! Konnte der Kundin bereits die Login Infos geben und sie ist wieder happy.

Thanks guys, somehow, it suddenly worked. I did things that I have been doing in the last days too. I have no idea why it suddenly works again, but hey. As long as it works, I (and my client) are happy.

All the best,

Aris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed your thread because i have the same problem, but unfortunately it cant be solved by adding the "www." before the address.

my website is called www.mein-essling.at and i cant access it with inbrowserediting.

Does anybody have an idea?

All the best

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like your provider has changed some server data. For example at 1&1 they changed the server address from www.yourdomain.de to --  homexxxxxxxxx.1and1-data.host  ---.

Also we had to look for username and PW.

Get contact and watch out.

You may do an upload again with new server data next time you upload and from this on inbrowserediting should work, I guess.

Of course they don`t change the content of the ftp. That would be  a mess of course.

Hope this helps

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

I am really grateful for any response. I am not sure what you mean though (if you prefer, we can switch to German).

Your recommendation "Get contact and watch out": do you mean to get in touch with my hosting provider?

The domain works just fine (the website is actually live under www.darkest-dreams.com - just the inbrowserediting gives me an error).

I don't even gat as far as being able to enter a username/password on inbrowserediting. Immediately after entering the domain darkest-dreams.com adobe's In Browser editing gives me the error described.

01_screenshot.jpg

02_Screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines