Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse nightmare

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have been using Muse, or trying to, for several months now. Basically my experience has not been good, since nothing really seems to work the way it should. From the design page to the preview page to the business catalyst publish page, nothing remains consistent or in place. It has been a huge learning curve involving a lot of trial and error. I have nevertheless persevered with it, and while I have figured out a lot of stuff, and thought I was getting somewhere, I am still constantly hitting glitches or walls.

My latest issue is this: I am constructing a phone version of my website, and even though the objects that I placed on it in while in design mode are all outside the template margins on the right, with some tinkering, the result on my smart phone looked good and filled the page nicely (both vertically and horizontally). Yesterday, however, all of a sudden I was told that I needed to resave the site under a different name, and upon publishing the newly-titled version, the objects had all decreased in size on my phone so that they no longer filled the page. I was able to go back into Muse and reopen the older version, and everything was ok. Then, late last night I was working on the older site - doing final touches - and I was instructed to update Adobe Air (?) before Adobe would let me publish the site in business catalyst. I did so, and the same thing happened - everything on the older site that I had worked so hard on was sized smaller on my phone and no longer fits the screen well.

How and why does this happen? Why should anyone have to go through this? Do I have a corrupt version? What should I do?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Nobody will be able to help without a link or better, without a .muse file, demonstrating your issues.

Please reduce your site to one page and only a few elements to show us the problems. Upload this .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service, and give us a clear description of your issues, so we can have a look.

Additionaly you seem to use a very(!) old version of Muse, since you are prompted to update Adobe Air. Adobe Air was necessary to run Muse up to version 7.x in 2014(!). Perh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody will be able to help without a link or better, without a .muse file, demonstrating your issues.

Please reduce your site to one page and only a few elements to show us the problems. Upload this .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service, and give us a clear description of your issues, so we can have a look.

Additionaly you seem to use a very(!) old version of Muse, since you are prompted to update Adobe Air. Adobe Air was necessary to run Muse up to version 7.x in 2014(!). Perhaps you can't use a newer version, because your computer uses 32 bit and not 64 bit architecture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günther,

Thanks for your response. Should I send the file to this same address?

Thanks.

Tony

[email removed by ussnorway]... Tony you can post the url to a dropbox if you want us all to look at it or you can click on to sent a private message just to him with the url link to same dropbox.

good luck mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post the link in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines