• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse replacement

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What programs can be used to replace Muse. I have spent a lot of time and money on tutorial and widgets to learn Muse. I would like a program I can use that will be there in the future. As it stands I will need to remake all my sites. Doesn't seem to be an option for exporting Muse to other programs except Dreamweaver - which is a coding program, not suitable. Other options are browser based options which will mean legacy pages can't be uploaded. 

Does anyone have a good option? The review process is so lengthy, Everweb looks possible.

Any suggestions would be great.

ciao

Cathy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

I'm not going to sugar coat this.  There is no replacement for Muse.  There are lots of alternatives but none of them can use Muse's proprietary files.  You might have some success exporting your Muse projects to HTML and opening the files in a code editor like Pinegrow or Dreamweaver.  But your success will depend on how many widgets you used to create your site.   

If you want longevity and a career making web sites, you should spend less time learning software and more time learning HTML, CSS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not going to sugar coat this.  There is no replacement for Muse.  There are lots of alternatives but none of them can use Muse's proprietary files.  You might have some success exporting your Muse projects to HTML and opening the files in a code editor like Pinegrow or Dreamweaver.  But your success will depend on how many widgets you used to create your site.   

If you want longevity and a career making web sites, you should spend less time learning software and more time learning HTML, CSS and JavaScript code.  Only then will you be fully liberated because you'll be able to use ANY code editor you like.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Question answered.

ciao

cathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cathy,

I have heard very good things about Webflow...

I will most likely be switching over to them once its not supported.

Check it out Responsive web design tool, CMS, and hosting platform | Webflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mgraham9  wrote

I have heard very good things about Webflow...

I will most likely be switching over to them once its not supported.

Webflow makes you use their hosting servers and it's not cheap.   Convincing a client to move servers and pay more for hosting is a battle I prefer  not to have.   But best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Nancy, Webflow doesn‘t force you to use their servers, if you don‘t need dynamic content. And evidently the initial poster doesn’t need dynamic content, because she is looking for a Muse replacement. Wbflow’s HTML export works seamlessly and the output data can easily be transfered to a server of your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just finished rebuilding all sites for various clients in webflow. I looked long and hard at all the various options available and webflow was the clear winner. It was a bit of a learning curve but I now prefer webflow over muse, there is so much more you can do, and once you have mastered the basics is much quicker to build a site.

The webflow university is great, and there is a mass of info online, if you can't do something a quick google search and you will find that someone has the answer. Like you said you can use webflow hosting or export html and use on clients servers the choice is yours (unless you wish to use cms). My clients are a mix of using their own servers and using webflow. Yes it is more expensive, but loosing my clients would have been a disaster. I was shocked when muse was announced end of life but I can now rest knowing I have a replacement, which looking at their development looks very exciting for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No comment needed. philabbo​ is completely correct.

Webflow has its very own stumbling blocks, but all in all it is an amazing piece of software.

So especially for ambitious Muse users it is an excellent choice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philabbo,

thanks for the Webflow reply.  Can you tell me if I can upload archival files if I host through webflow.

ie do I need to build in Webflow to host there. 

If I can upload my existing sites to Webflow as they are and then rebuild pages as required in Webflow when changes are required it will make my job much easier.

Ciao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fees:  Plans & pricing | Webflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you can’t upload or use existing sites (html) with Webflow. You will need to rebuild using their platform and host from them. Or rebuild the sites and export the code which you can upload to your own servers. 

You can try Webflow for free to see if it meets your needs. That’s what I did and was pleasantly surprised of what you can do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you should take a look at "Elementor" it works with wordpress and so far(since the announcement)it's working very good for me..Also it took me like 2-3 days to get used to it so it's not difficult at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have to use a special server, and what does it cost?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any reputable Linux hosting plan that includes PHP & MySQL databases should be able to support WordPress.   See links below.

https://www.creativebloq.com/advice/12-best-web-hosting-services

Elementor prices vary from free to pro level

https://elementor.com/pricing/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines