• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe muse responsive design help

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently decided to try and make a simple port folio website, and I have put a lot of time into it so far, and got some what not so far... I'm having technical difficulties such as the responsive layout. For example, within my muse application, as I slide my breakpoint slider across the different breakpoints, it appears to function the way I want it, but operates differently in the browser, such as text stretching when getting to smaller breakpoints. I have some other questions that I need help with and I would personally like someone to help me out. it would be great if someone could add me through a video/voice share application such as discord, as I would be able to resolve the issues a lot quicker, that is if any of you think you can help me.

Discord: Aussietrix#7286

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Although you don’t want me to answer:

• What are „Custom Fonts“ in your eyes? You can use standard fonts, web fonts (Typekit, Edge fonts) or self hosted web fonts. In the last case you need have a web fontpackage, consisting of TrueType, .wof, ,svg and .eot font files. Just look here: helpx muse self hosted web fonts or in short here: ​or in a little screencast here:

If you use other fonts they necessarily are converted to an image during output. But I already gave you the link to an explaining answ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say text is stretching, do you mean the shape of the text is changing? If this is the case, you are using System fonts, which are converted to images when you upload from Muse. Change to using Web safe or Web fonts to prevent this.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have another problem and I have many more, which Is why I would like to contact someone through voice/video chat so I can resolve these things quickly. First of all my browser window seems to be slightly over flowing as seen in the following screenshots, whilst I cant see anything dragging outside the resolution in muse (breakpoint 1920) which i assume is the default full screen breakpointfdsfsdfdfsf.pngunknown.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share a .muse file, containing only the page, shown in your screenshot (and nothing else!) via Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service?

You may follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted you through adobe message on the website, the link of mediafire download which contains my project. I'm sorry I have not reduced the 23mb file to its one page, but the other pages dont contain much content anyway. The issues I am looking to resolve are on the main home page, hope you can help me out here, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don’t you assist us helpers? It was a matter of seconds to reduce the file size from 23 to 9 MB. It is not only a matter of download time, but especially of analysing time. It is much faster to analyse a small file than a big one.

I had a short look at your file:

• Please replace all system fonts in every element in every breakpoint, on every page by standard fonts or web fonts. Why? Read my answer 4 here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163
  • Clean up your file!
  • Clean up your file!
  • Share it again.
  • I, personally, don’t really want to replace all fonts and all unnecessary element, before even starting to analyse the file.
  • Tell us exactly, what your issue is.
  • And: Share the file in the forum, not via personal message. Other users should take advatage of the discussion too. If you don’t want to show the site content publicly, delete all images within its container (not the containers itself, and use placeholder text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple, I'm a very new user to muse which should explain most of your questions. I simple don't know how to perform a lot of functions as this specific adobe program is new to me. I only just now realise how I could have reduced the file to its home page. "Clean up your file!' also does not help much either.

I have a number of issues and if you want me to address all of them, so be it.

1 - I was wanting to know how to approach scaling with adobe muse (Holding alt in a web browser and zooming in and out), this is different from scaling the web browser using break points. for example is there a manual way without using code to adjust the size of everything when being zoomed in or out in the browser.

2 - I was wondering why my muse home page is being extended in the browser (it comes up with the manual horizontal slider at the bottom of the browser to suggest more content can be seen, which I want it all to fit on a regular size (shows differently in the muse application)

3 - I was also wanting to check if all my breakpoints are common applicable sizes, which should work on most devices.

4 - I was wondering why my text was being stretched within a specific break point, even though I have tried to fix this problem through many hours of research. It may be related to the switching of fluid and fixed break points (which I only have 2 fixed breakpoints) but I'm not sure if this is related to that problem.

5 - Some contents seem to be slightly shifted over in the browser, whilst this does not appear to be the case in the actual muse application. I assumed this was related to the horizontal slider problem (question  2)

I thought you would be a bit more understanding for a newbie like me, although I have looked at many tutorials already about muse. just with my experience with other applications, it takes a long time even for me to get down the common basics (repeated use of application does the trick)

I also am trying to find someone who is able to assist these problems, and so, me being a young individual, I find it easy to work with voice/video chat as solving these problems and answering questions is a lot quicker than text conversations like these. I also didnt want to display my project on this forum for privacy issues, and I thought it be ok to not, as when I browse other forum posts like these, links are usually shut down anyway. But once again I realise I could have taken the time to replace all of the pictures in the page, I just didnt want to modify or take out anything which will result in fixing the issue, as I would want the images there in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of your question can be answered, if we have a .muse file to look at.

So:

• Replace your fonts as I described in the link above. And look, whichn of your issues are remaining.
  • Clean up you site means:
    • Delete all pages, but one, which shows your issue.
    • Delete all elements which are not related to your issues. If you don’t do it, we have to do it, before analysing the file. (You should have a look at your .muse file, if the person, who opens it, hasn’t your system fonts installed. It is like a town after an earthquake. )
  • Save this file under a new name and upload it to a file sharing service. „MediaFire“ is no good choice at all! It alerts us Mac users, to have viruses on our machine, what is nonsense and simply wants us to install obscure software.

Hope, this was clear enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, Im going to have another crack at solving my issues, although there are some I wont be able to (I dont think).

but would you be able to answer the following

Are custom fonts (any old downloadable font) supported in terms of using it on a website, I am almost positive they are, but for some reason once I switched my fonts. the stretch issue disappeared, maybe because my header font is on a separate page (master page)

How do you make menus not interrupt content on pages when your not using it. What I mean by this is: After a certain breakpoint, I want to switch my navigation menu on my website into a vertical menu instead of horizontal, to support mobile devices. can you just change the settings of the current horizontal menu for that specific break point, instead of creating a new menu like I have?

I will keep you updated on other issues. thanks for cooperation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although you don’t want me to answer:

• What are „Custom Fonts“ in your eyes? You can use standard fonts, web fonts (Typekit, Edge fonts) or self hosted web fonts. In the last case you need have a web fontpackage, consisting of TrueType, .wof, ,svg and .eot font files. Just look here: helpx muse self hosted web fonts or in short here: ​or in a little screencast here:

If you use other fonts they necessarily are converted to an image during output. But I already gave you the link to an explaining answer in my post 5 here in this thread.

• Your menu question: You can’t simply change the menu settings in this case. You have to do it this way:
    • In the breakpoint, where you want to change the menu, right click onto the existing menu and choose „Hide in this Breakpoint“.
    • Then place a vertical menu, right click onto it and choose „Hide in other breakpoints".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines