Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse (Responsive?) Text Box

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so, I'm really going to need some help here with Muse 2018

Hours and hours of trying but I can't seem to get a textbox, containing the company's name and description, to look in proportion to the rest of the page in the preview browser.

The font I used is a self installed webfont. I've tried other webfonts from the adobe typekit and web edge fonts so I don't think it's the downloaded font that is the problem.

Only when I use a system font, it seems to be following the rest of the page. But because it's an image when using a system font, the resolution isn't quite pretty to look at.

I put the textbox both on the masterpage and the page itself but neither will work.

Here are the screenshots:

Here's my homepage in the design tap, looks, in proportion to the image and the header, like I want it to be.

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 17.25.56.png

But then, when I open it in a browser to preview it, it's much smaller. Completely blown out of proportion to the rest of the page.

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 17.26.08.png

Maybe the solution is quite simple, but I am totally lost...

Thanks anyway for anyone who might have an answer.

- Robin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

If I interprete your screenshots correctly:

• You are placing the text at a breakpoint of 960 px.
  • You have told Muse, to stretch your complete page to browser width (the double arrows to the right of the breakpoint bar are pointing outwards)
  • That means: The whole site zooms up to the size of the browser window.
  • Text intentionally doesn’t zoom. Text size should be independent from screen size. A smaller screen shouldn’t cause a smaller font size. This makes text look relatively smaller when the complet

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I interprete your screenshots correctly:

• You are placing the text at a breakpoint of 960 px.
  • You have told Muse, to stretch your complete page to browser width (the double arrows to the right of the breakpoint bar are pointing outwards)
  • That means: The whole site zooms up to the size of the browser window.
  • Text intentionally doesn’t zoom. Text size should be independent from screen size. A smaller screen shouldn’t cause a smaller font size. This makes text look relatively smaller when the complete page is zoomed to browser width.

To change this behaviour you have several options:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Illustrator did it, didn't know you could do that

Vielen dank!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines