• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse - Shape help!

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create my website and for the top of it i want to have a banner with a spikey bottom, like a banner. (img. down below)Banner.png

I cannot find anywhere in Muse to edit the rectangle like this. I made that one in illustrator but it does not stretch when i preview the website, even though on the document itself it fits from edge to edge but when i hit "preview" it shrinks down and doesn't fit. Should i be using photoshop to do this, if so how do i make it fit when i preview. Or are there templates for shapes like these already in muse. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you - Matt Stevens

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Your issue is quite easy to solve.

The problem: You placed the banner as an image. An image scales proportionally in width and height and can be stretched only page wide and not browser wide (well there is away to do this, by using the double arrow icons to the left/right of the breakpoint bar), but I think, for now a different solution is much more adequate.)

• Use the rectangle tool (not the rectangle frame tool) to create a standard rectangle and stretch it to browser width by using the „Resize“

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create it in a graphics program ansd set it as a background image with horizontal-only repeats. that way it will always fill without the image itself scaling.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any programs you could suggest? and maybe some steps to do what you recommended. Sorry i am not experienced in anything but illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can’t build this in Muse. Muse is neither a vector, nor an image editor, but a website layout application.

If you create this element in Illustrator, you absolutely are on the right way. The image you showed us in your screenshot, should work well. What you are missing, is basic knowlegde of Muse. But this is not a problem! You are in  the right place here!

• If you preview our site, nothing „shrinks“, but presumably the width of the browser window is much wider than the width of the Muse canvas.
  • Or: You didn’t stretch the element browser wide.
  • Or: You used the element as an image and not as a „Fill“ (Click onto the word „Fill“ in Muse’s upper control strip, and you see, what I mean.

The simplest way to get fast assistance:

Share a .muse file with us (Dropbox, CC Files, …), containing only one page and only this element and tell us exactly, what you are trying to achieve. You may follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, i will be uploading the file shortly, if you could help out i would greatly appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added the file, hopefully i did it correctly and you are able to view it and help me out. If i have done something wrong please let me know. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… and where on your page we can find this „spikey bottom“ image? Can’t find it. Thought, this was the reason of this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the .muse, it is the banner on the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am sorry i just realized this is the wrong one, i have two for the same website, i will reupload the actual one, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your issue is quite easy to solve.

The problem: You placed the banner as an image. An image scales proportionally in width and height and can be stretched only page wide and not browser wide (well there is away to do this, by using the double arrow icons to the left/right of the breakpoint bar), but I think, for now a different solution is much more adequate.)

• Use the rectangle tool (not the rectangle frame tool) to create a standard rectangle and stretch it to browser width by using the „Resize“ command in Muse’s upper control strip.

Rectangle-tools.jpg

• Fill this rectangle (attention: filling is not placing!) with your banner by using the „Fill“ command in Muse’s control strip.
  • Or use a single segment of these „saw teeths“ and use it as a tile.

Additionally: If you want your circle to remain a circle, set it to "Resize: Responsive Width and Height“.

Here you find a .muse file using your sample data: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0ea1eq0qaut75c/mstev328.zip?dl=0

Please have a close look into the „Fill“ panel and the „Resize“ options, to understand, how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines