Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse Slideshow photo automatically resizing - and now frozen

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone please help!

I'm trying to create a slideshow on my website using Muse. It was going pretty smooth then when I went back to review my work some of my photos that I had resized in muse automatically went back it its original size. After trying to lock and pin the photo it will wont work and NOW it seems as if its frozen... I can no longer double click to get the yellow outline box to resize.it again... its just STUCK! this is for work and its very frustrating. I just dont understand why this isnt more user friendly.

I saw a few other forums on here about the same problem but I couldn't find any solutions, Does anyone have any help??

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Look at your screenshot! You aren’t inspecting the correct image! You are looking at the thumbnail, not at the hero image!

Layers.jpg

And here a short screencast:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you "lock and pin" single fotos within a slide show?

Please isolate the slide show, copy it into a newly created document, and lets us have a look at this .muse file.

To do this, please follow the instructions here: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

And additionally: Could you please give us some links to those "other forums" talking about "the same problem"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter,

Thank you for the reply!! Here is a link here to my file: ShareFile . Its the second photo out of six that is stuck and I am unable to resize it.

Here are a few other forums to people having the similar problem.

Since recent update, my slideshow images resize and move around without my prompting them to.

Muse Lightbox slideshow: Hero images are undersize & cropped, can't select to change them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a look at your file, and couldn’t reproduce your issue, that images go „back to its original size“.

• Your issue "I can no longer double click to get the yellow outline box to resize.it again... its just STUCK!“ is a quite simple one: You locked some of the images within their image frame. So, of course, you can’t reposition or resize it in their frames:

Screen.jpg

Unlock these images and all will work fine!

• Your second issue „some of my photos that I had resized in muse automatically went back it its original size.“ isn’t reproducible here. I resized and repositioned the images within their frames, exported the site to HTML, closed the file, reopened it many, many times: No problem at all. The images always are staying at the size and in the place the are intended to do.

(A tiny annotation: Under the thumbnail container there is a small stray object (system font text element). You’d better delete it! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for having a look, really appreciating you trying to help me! i just went back in to check your advice and my file doesn't show its locked...? I tried again to click the Half moon bay image to resize and it still wont let me. Maybe my setting are different on my end? its so frustrating. Are you able to do a go to meeting and see my screen live?

See my image.. the Angel Island photo I double clicked and was able to get the yellow resize box. But for some reason Half Moon Bay is totally stuck and wont let me resize, and it shows its unlocked.

Doc1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at your screenshot! You aren’t inspecting the correct image! You are looking at the thumbnail, not at the hero image!

Layers.jpg

And here a short screencast:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Sorry I'm still new with muse. Appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines