• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse Users Carefully Read this thread

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all disappointed because adobe ended the Adobe Muse.

My suggestion to Adobe Muse users join Adobe Muse Prerelease Program in Adobe Prerelease​ and test 'as much as you can' every functionality in Adobe Muse and report it back to Adobe Muse developers at the same site.

So we can one last perfect release of Adobe Muse without a bug and so we can get chance to use it for several years more to develop web pages. Otherwise we wil get a buggy Muse so sign up and test final release of Adobe Muse.

And sign up Adobe Spark preview release notifier in Build a beautiful website—in minutes | Adobe Spark so we can also can test newly coming Muse alternative and speed up development stage of this new software. I hope this new software will not browser based.

Below is their announcement about Adobe Spark product

"

Everyone needs a website. For your business, school club, or non-profit. Or to promote yourself or your side hustle. But pre-built website templates are old school. You end up wasting hours adjusting the template to adapt to your content and vision.

Adobe Spark, powered by 30+ years of Adobe’s design intelligence, will soon bring a better way to build websites. Create beautiful, modular, and responsive websites from scratch—in minutes. Just add your text, photos, videos and more, and Spark will give you beautiful results."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a different idea: Sue them to gain time, force them to compromise, and take ownership of the software.

"You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone." - Irwin Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ks467890  wrote

Here's a different idea: Sue them to gain time, force them to compromise, and take ownership of the software.

Muse is not a life support system.  It's just software.   And software goes EOL all the time, often without any notice.   I'm sorry but you would be hard-pressed to find an attorney willing to take such a frivolous action.    Adobe owns Muse.  It's their prerogative to stop developing it.   Accept it.  There's nothing you can do to stop it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And a lawsuit is not a religious conversion, it's just paperwork. Lawyers would be more than happy to try, because that's what they do to earn a living. Standing up for oneself is always worthwhile for it's own sake. Your corporate kowtow is obsequious at best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I told you in Re: Class action lawsuit vs Adobe having a different opinion is fine... insults are not

Continue to insult people and I will report you to the Forum Administrator

People have been banned in the past for insulting behavior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Musers can export their projects to HTML and use Dreamweaver to maintain their sites.  In addition, there are some excellent extensions available for DW that allow you to create beautiful, responsive, standards-based sites without knowing how to code.  Yes, you can have your cake & eat it too!  

When you're ready to take projects to a higher level, you can because there's nothing between you and the code.

Best of all, you're not tied down to a single service, platform, host or software that might be discontinued later.  Source code is code.  It can be edited in any code editor or hosted on any server.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whilst i appreciate you trying to diffuse the issue at hand, neither of your suggestions sit well with  me.  For one, if they are going to abandon Muse, then so am I - they don't deserve my insights into any further Muse release if they are not going to continue with the program long term and no sub par "replacement" will be enough to keep me coming back again and again and again.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. 

I am sane enough to realise that regardless of whether or not they change their mind, the chances of this happening to other programs is high ... and yes, their next offering of spark could go the same route, so why would I want to pour my hard earned money into their "record profits".  From the sounds of many long time users, that revenue is going to drop and I hope that it's significant enough that they learn a lesson so that future users don't experience this type of corporate mentality ... it's just downright wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines