Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse website loading slowly

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm slightly struggling to get my website to load properly on the first attempt. It seems to take a good 5s for everything to load and initially just displays one of the animations (a text box on its own fading in) without the rest of the site. If I then reload the site, it seems to work fine (I guess it's been stored in the cache). Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make the site display everything together.

If you want to see the issue for yourself the website is mmsdjs.com

Thanks,

Jack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

This is a one pager loaded with tons of images and 3rd party widget, wich are picture loaded itself. I am not astonished at all about the loading time. Just be aware: All content, which is placed on different pages on other sites, is  placed here on one single page.

Just tell us: The first background image – How many MB has it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a one pager loaded with tons of images and 3rd party widget, wich are picture loaded itself. I am not astonished at all about the loading time. Just be aware: All content, which is placed on different pages on other sites, is  placed here on one single page.

Just tell us: The first background image – How many MB has it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter,

Thanks for your response. The overall website comes to around 5MB (the first background image is 300KB), which I don't think is too excessive (although, you may tell me otherwise).

My issue isn't so much that it's taking long to load, but that it loads in odd ways - often bits of text animating before the background and the rest of the website has loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d try to test-wise delete the 3rd party widget one by one to eventually track down the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, will do!

Also, do you think that I might need to delete the website from the server and reupload it via muse? I've had a few overhauls of the website, plus yesterday I shrank the website from around 15MB to 5MB, but I'm concerned the data may still be on there and thus slowing the it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try!

In these cases I’d do the following:

• Go to your web space via FTP, and delete all files.
  • Then use Muse’s publish command to re-upload all files using the option „All Files“..

Might be useless, but it isn’t that much work, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter Heißenbüttel​ When you say "go to your web space via FTP" is that done through the Muse application or through login on to my server?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Means, you normally can get access to your ftp-server via your provider (if the provider is big enough to provide a website and provides access to your ftp)  or use a ftp-programs like filezilla or cyberduck.

Both get accessed with the credentials you got from your provider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd log into my domain via my provider or ftp, delete all files amually and afterwards publish the site again via Muse.

Don't really expect, that it helps, but why not trying it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines