• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse won't update my sight for 3-5 (sometime longer) hours.

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a site that I recently built and every time I make a change and publish it through FTP the site won't update for 3-5 hours or sometimes even longer.  It works just fine when I load it to my business catalyst, but not on the actual live site itself.  Please, I really don't want to hear its a caching issues because I have heard that too many times and I don't believe it is.  I called up blue host numerous times and they said it's not an issues on their side. Personally, I think it is. I think there are multiple files of my site within the server that are fighting with each other. They keep saying everything is fine on their end, but I looked into the server files and there are repeat files of my site everywhere.  I called adobe and they helped a little, but there is something bigger going on. I need this fixed because my clients need changeses  immediately since their customers buy memberships and classes through their website.  Also the there are old files on my site that I deleted long ago that don't seem to be removed from my site. It's mainly on the mobile home page when the site is set at horizontal (landscape).  And could someone please tell me why my .index page and my home page always one step behind of each other when I update my site!

Site Link Below:

Ultimate Workout by Todd Smith | Home

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Even if you don’t want to hear it:

If you upload your site via Muse’s „Publish …“ command and you get no error, it is most(!) likely a cache issue. This issue may exist locally on your browser or by server side caching measures. How should Muse be able, to cause the browser not to display your site, but to display it some hours later?

You didn’t  tell us:

• Did you clear the browser cache?

• Did you try to open your site in a second browser, which hasn’t opened the site within the last few days?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you don’t want to hear it:

If you upload your site via Muse’s „Publish …“ command and you get no error, it is most(!) likely a cache issue. This issue may exist locally on your browser or by server side caching measures. How should Muse be able, to cause the browser not to display your site, but to display it some hours later?

You didn’t  tell us:

• Did you clear the browser cache?

• Did you try to open your site in a second browser, which hasn’t opened the site within the last few days?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!

It looks like BlueHost helped me out with my issue! Thank you for the quick response! Is there a reasons why I have two home pages. .html and .com and .com/index.html?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines