Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Muse update, hyperlinks open blank pages

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I have been using Muse for at least 5 years, and have had multiple versions of my site live with no problems. I recently noticed that my website has stopped loading properly -- the home page loads, but none of the hyperlinks to other pages will load the pages, only blank screens. Again, it went from working properly, to not working at all. 

http://meganadie.com

I found threads for similar complaints, and tried some of the things suggested: moving objects with links to the front, checking the page sizes. Even after these changes, I had the same problems. 

I have updated to the latest version of Muse, hoping the probem would be solved, but it persists.

Has anyone got a suggestion? 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hye,

I'm seeing the same things you are on my end (chrome, wind 10, all latest versions).

A few things:

1. clicking on the links does indeed bring us to the sub pages. THe URL shows that. So it appears to be a serving issue, rather than a Muse issue (at least at first blush. It could be something in the support files?)
  2. I noticed that on the home page I tried to right-click to "open in new tab", but that option wasn't available. It makes me wonder how you set up the links. I would try a simple hyperlink to see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would maybe need to have a look at your .muse. Could you create a copy and share it via CC or similar filesharing?

Will take some time but … If "Media Graphics" provided the solution - great!

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fotoroeder, Thanks for your message. I'll look into how I can send a copy of the .muse file now. I'd love some insight into the issue. Best regards, Megan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @MediaGraphics. I set up the hyperlinks as normal old hyperlinks: chosen from the list of pages I've created in my site, set to open in the same window. Shall I try something different here? 

Regarding your first thought: How would I fix a serving issue? 

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Megan Adie's site links work but something's wrong with the CSS code.  For example, go to this page.  http://meganadie.com/playing.html.  It looks perfectly fine when Print CSS is disabled in my browser.  See screenshot.   I suspect the problem is a bad script or widget. 

image.png

Best advice, rebuild your site with another software or online service that is not End-of-life like Muse.  Problems like this will continue to occur because Muse is discontinued and the code it generates is outdated.  Eventually all Muse sites will fail.  It's just a matter of time...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is sad to hear! Thanks for the advice, @Nancy_OShea. I'll look into it.

Best,

Megan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines