Highlighted

After Publishing a Site (FTP) The Site Does Not Load Without the /index.html

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a one page website and I used the FTP upload to an image hosting account. The published site displays on a phone but when you try to view it on a tablet or desktop either you have to add the /index.html at the end or www. at the beginning. Why can't someone just type in the web address without the www. and get to the site. I have never had this problem before.

This happens in the event that you have not removed the standard stub on the hosting.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Publishing a Site (FTP) The Site Does Not Load Without the /index.html

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a one page website and I used the FTP upload to an image hosting account. The published site displays on a phone but when you try to view it on a tablet or desktop either you have to add the /index.html at the end or www. at the beginning. Why can't someone just type in the web address without the www. and get to the site. I have never had this problem before.

This happens in the event that you have not removed the standard stub on the hosting.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which address should we look at?

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2017 0
Guide ,
Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2017 1