• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All assets missing when Starter Designs downloaded

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've decided to tackle Muse by beginning with a "Starter" design & although I've downloaded three different designs, each time I open one I cannot use it (In Muse CC) as all the assets are missing -  "Unlinked" - and the file produces a "Lock" file beside the .muse in the downloads location which I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what I'm supposed to do with.

I've tried to find tutorials on using the starter designs but every one (Including Terry White's) just show them being double-clicked and opening in Muse without any issues AND ALL assets available to use!

What is going wrong on my download?

Any help or suggestions please?

Message was edited by: Mod (Discussion successfully moved from Forum comments to Help with using Adobe Muse CC)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

I think, nothing is going on!

You don’t need the assets, because they are in the optimised size packed into the .muse file.

The alert next to the asset entry in your „Assets“ panel only indicates, that the original images are not available and therefore not changeable and that they can’t be scaled up within Muse without loosing quality.

If you want them, use menu “File/Export as HTML …“, and  look into the exported „images“ folder.

The lock file is written, when you work on a .muse file with the onl

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, nothing is going on!

You don’t need the assets, because they are in the optimised size packed into the .muse file.

The alert next to the asset entry in your „Assets“ panel only indicates, that the original images are not available and therefore not changeable and that they can’t be scaled up within Muse without loosing quality.

If you want them, use menu “File/Export as HTML …“, and  look into the exported „images“ folder.

The lock file is written, when you work on a .muse file with the only intention, to prevent this file to be opened by a second person as well  (, when the file is placed on a server, a cloud service or a network drive.) This file will be deleted, when you save and close the .muse document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Günter,

I appreciate

your help. Mostly that's really useful. except where I keep getting error messages interrupting my workflow! Maybe those will disappear as I replace the assets in place with my own..

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Günter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah! Thanks, Guenter. I'd started trying to use Photoshop to import the files individually, but of course it was calling them all "Layer_1", which wasn't helpful. This has worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, whilst this is wonderful for getting the images out of the files, it doesn't help with the _pigeon_styles element, not the text styles... basically, in the tutorial, various shortcuts are premade by the tutor, who enthuses over their utility and says she'll explain how to do them later. Back in the days when I was working for a software publisher and charged with writing tutorials for a new product, I was scrupulous in ensuring that a novice could install the program and work through the tutorial without issue. I'm not expecting to learn the finer points of Muse from a bunch of short videos, but just to get a feel of how it functions. I can't understand why the files can't be made available. It's not rocket science, surely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. Why put a tutorial up there when they can't download the files for it! Just a waste of time and very frustrating and we should not have to finding a "workaround" in the forums for something as simple as downloading the files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read Günter Heißenbüttel​ first post and correct answer? You don`t need the assets to play around and learn muse.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are not getting the point here. Why put a tutorial up when no one can follow it is the question! Yes I have "played around", but tutorials are there for a purpose. If Adobe cannot get something as simple as letting people download the files to follow the tutorial then don't bother. It wastes time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines