Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All my widgets have gone!

Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can anyone help me please? My library is empty and I cant find any of my widgets!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Right, so I finaly have it resolved after asking to be put through to her supervisor. They checked my previous support history and it turns out the last person from support on my machine had removed my old library preferences. The chap I just spoke to was very helpful and re-instated the old preferences and all my widgets are now back.

I'm pleased its been resolved but just wish I hadnt had to have the arument with the first person who insisted there was no possible way the widgets could have dis

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this help article.

What to do when the Creative Cloud Libraries panel doesn't load

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, library loads but is empty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy evidently means the CC Library, which has absolutely nothing to do with the library.

Did you try to re-install Muse via CC Desktop App and choose „Delete Preferences“ during installation?

Perhaps somebody can tell the respective paths on a PC. Can you Ussnorway​?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the phone to support and she just keeps telling me I have deleted them and need to upload them again! She also has no clue of the path. Its like pulling teeth!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/G%C3%BCnter+Hei%C3%9Fenb%C3%BCttel  wrote

Perhaps somebody can tell the respective paths on a PC. Can you Ussnorway ?

Screenshot (2308).png

on a normal Windows system these are the locations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy‘s suggestion won‘t help (as expected), because she doesn‘t know Muse.

Are you really sure, that the widgets are gone?

There are 3 panels:

• The „Widgets“ panel, where you can find Muse‘s built in widgets,
  • the „Library“ panel, which houses Muse elements of your choice and all 3rd party widgets, and
  • the „CC Library“ panel, which has nothing to do with widgets, but with assets, which are shared in the cloud to be used by different applications.

So, it is quite possible, that you confused the different panels, and therefore are not able to find your widgets.

So,

• which widgets exactly are you missing? The built in ones or third party ones?
  • Are you missing the widgets or the panel, containing the widgets? If the last, go to the „Windows“ menu, find the correct panel entry and click onto it to make it appear.

Please verify these points. If you have no success, please report back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Its the library panel that is empty - the one that usually contains my third party widgets!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. Did you cange something on your machine?

Here, on a Mac the widgets are stored at different places according to the Muse version, with which they were installed:

• User/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe Muse CC Libraries
  • User/Library/Preferences/AdobeMuseLibrary

Attention: I am talking about the user library, not the system library. You can reach this library by opening the Finder’s „Go“ menu and pressing the „Option“ key. This reveals the menu entry „Library“.

Would make sense if the mentioned folders are present and contain files.

If this seems to be ok, try to reset your preferences as described here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2375534

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I havent changed anything on my machine, its a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, so I finaly have it resolved after asking to be put through to her supervisor. They checked my previous support history and it turns out the last person from support on my machine had removed my old library preferences. The chap I just spoke to was very helpful and re-instated the old preferences and all my widgets are now back.

I'm pleased its been resolved but just wish I hadnt had to have the arument with the first person who insisted there was no possible way the widgets could have disappeared without me deleting them. Also not best pleased the last person on my machine re-set all my preferences without telling me all my widgets would disappear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dandybox  wrote

Also not best pleased the last person on my machine re-set all my preferences without telling me all my widgets would disappear!

he prob didn't tell you because he didn't know,

anyway thanks for getting back & letting letting us know how you got on mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines