Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternative to no scroll effect if i want a responsive layout

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys,

what is the alternative to scroll effects when i dont want a fixed width layout (i want fluid/responsive)?

Surely, there is a way of still getting a responsive design to have scroll effects (Wordpress does it).

Is the only other option to setup specific fixed width pages that are adaptive for mobile, desktop, and tablet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Responsiv and Fluid width shouldn`t be mixed up. You talk maybe about responsive and adaptive design.

You can layout a responsive design from 1900 (or larger) to 320 as minimum width and use scroll motion effects.

You should go with fixed width breakpoints and use scroll motion.

One tiny restriction occurs for mobile (768 to 320) as not all devices support scroll motion on it.

That´s the reason, why it is still common to go with fluid width breakpoint at 768.

There´s one scrollmotionfluidwidth from q

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Responsiv and Fluid width shouldn`t be mixed up. You talk maybe about responsive and adaptive design.

You can layout a responsive design from 1900 (or larger) to 320 as minimum width and use scroll motion effects.

You should go with fixed width breakpoints and use scroll motion.

One tiny restriction occurs for mobile (768 to 320) as not all devices support scroll motion on it.

That´s the reason, why it is still common to go with fluid width breakpoint at 768.

There´s one scrollmotionfluidwidth from qooqee but I am very unconscious if i would recommend it.

Give us a link for the WP scroll motion, so we can have a look at it.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines